My Opinion Regarding ReactOS Donations and Funding

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cochranizer

My Opinion Regarding ReactOS Donations and Funding

Post by cochranizer »

Hi everyone! :mrgreen:

So, this is rather a weird and unusual view on getting people to fund ReactOS development, but here it goes...

From my point of view, it would be helpful if people could "donate" to the project by optionally viewing an advertisement. By optionally I mean not force it on the customer. The reason why I say optional is because for those who don't really donate, it's not because they don't want to, it's because they just can't even afford making their own ends meet. They've got their own bills to pay, just like every ReactOS developer in this forum. And trust me, whenever I come by the plea to donate to the project as I download the ISO file, I cringe in massive guilt, because I feel guilty not being able to afford to donate to ReactOS. Had I been able to afford it, I would definitely donate some money, just so you can get into even Beta, or better, as a finished product!

So again, one of my preferred ways to "donate" is to click on an advertisement, view it for a minute or two, and then the business that owns the advertisement pays ReactOS 10 cents in hopes of Return Of Investment.

I don't know, how do you guys feel about this?
PurpleGurl

Re: My Opinion Regarding ReactOS Donations and Funding

Post by PurpleGurl »

The only way I'd support this would be for there to be a separate Sponsors page. If you want ads, you go there.
Thanatophobia

Post by Thanatophobia »

I'm not against the ReactOS websites to have advertisements on their page if it would fund the project. I know that Linux Mint has ads on their project page. I think if people are optionally going to view the ads, what's the point of them anyways? The advertiser can just pay the project beforehand, or use something like Google AdSense or something.
cochranizer

Post by cochranizer »

Thanks everyone for your opinion. And good news! I just donated $5.72 (5 Pounds) to the project anyway, as I had money to spare today.