It works (sort of)

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kidplayer_666

It works (sort of)

Post by Kidplayer_666 »

Although it does not run natively on my computer, I made a Virtual Machine were it works! Although on it’s alpha state makes Windows Vista look stable, it’s as lightweight as advertised and I’m generally happy with it. The problems: when I try to install an application that is not supported, ex: latest 32bit Firefox, it freezes indefinitely and when I reboot the machine is dead. Apart from that, good luck with development
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: It works (sort of)

Post by EmuandCo »

Yeah there are some problems with dying registry hives and Firefox after v49 I think is no good idea too. Nice that it's working though and have fun tinkering with it ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ragarlev

Post by ragarlev »

If I want to install the latest version of Firefox, what needs to be replaced on my system?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

ragarlev wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:15 pm If I want to install the latest version of Firefox, what needs to be replaced on my system?
If your system is ReactOS, then entire system needs to be replaced. ;)
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

ragarlev wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:15 pm If I want to install the latest version of Firefox, what needs to be replaced on my system?
ReactOS is not ready to replace Windows for the moment, the system is currently in development. For the latest Firefox, there are lot of features not implemented in ReactOS, it's for that you can't use it.