Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.
Moderator: Moderator Team
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Just a thought is there a reason why the developers aren't releasing major releases monthly? ReactOS seems to be quiet at the moment with the feature-related news and the news section is not as up-to-date including the ReactOS Twitter account which is outdated. I know the devs are busy but I'm curious what are your thoughts on this. Personally I would have preferred more transparency from the team in what's going on behind the scenes with ReactOS and what's being planned.
Because it takes too much time to:
1. Test every software for each release for known bugs and possible regressions
2. Reduce the amount of regressions
See https://reactos.org/wiki/Tests_for_0.4.13 to understand. And the team have only one release engineer right now.
There is enough transparency, you already have access to everything:
1. Latest commits: https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git;a=shortlog
2. Latest prebuilt images: https://reactos.org/getbuilds/
3. JIRA bug tracker where problems are tracked: https://jira.reactos.org/
4. The chat where developers talk with each other: https://chat.reactos.org/
by Stas'M | https://github.com/binarymaster
It's true there is no news on the website but on the IRC and the Forum you can have some.
There is an average of three months between the "stable" alpha releases, but it's not a rule.
Regarding Twitter: Vicmarcal, our PR coordinator, is absent atm. I don't know why or if everyone else knows, but there is always a life next to Reactos. So stay tuned, follow the sources you got in this thread or (even better) participate to make ROS better. If you can't write code, you could also write the monthly news btw.
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 1 guest