The components are:
Core2Duo 2,2Ghz
2GB DDR2 RAM
intel DG31PR Mainboars
HD3450 Graphics Cardnow a nVidia GeForce 7300GS
80GB SATA HDD
IDE DVD Drive
PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse

My Problem is, that i am not able to install ReactOS with the graphics card.
When I restart the first time the PC shows the "Installing Devices" loading Window and the animation runs, but it never ends. I waited over 10 Minutes, but it didn't change.
I was able to install ReactOS with the IGPU, but since i need a DVI Port i need to install the GPU.
How should I do it?
Install it now and boot into the Installation with the IGPU or should I try installing the Drivers for the GPU shut down, install the gpu and reboot?

See 2nd Post
BW89

Re: Installing ReactOS on Core2Duo with HD 3450

Post by BW89 »

Hello!
I found a old 7300GS installes it and I was able to install ReactOS without any problems.
Now i want to Install my Driver, so i downloaded the ForceWave 188.22 XP Driver and put it on a CDRW which i used for other stuff before, but when i put it into the ReactOS PC ist just shows me the first File ive ever burnt.
How can I get ReactOs to see the entire Disk?
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

I'd suggest starting by using a new CD-R, not RW. It seems there may be an issue with reading that data.
BW89

Post by BW89 »

i will buy a stack of new ones tomorrow as i don't have any left
By the way I am not shure if the CD is a RW. I am using this CD normally for getting Files on my Windows 98 PC.
I don't think i can delete anything, but I am able to drag and drop a File on the CD and klick on "Finnish the burning" ( i have no english windows it is called "Brennvorgang abschließen").
Afer that the file will be avriable in any OS, except ReactOS
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

When you write data to a disc and are able to add more later, it means you haven't finalized or closed the disc.

There's some more information about the process here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001586.htm and also here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_File_System

It sounds like this feature was in Windows XP thanks to a third-party driver. In theory, ReactOS will at some point have the functionality, but not yet. For now, it seems that ROS is only able to read the first batch of files written, due to the way the Live File System works.
BW89

Post by BW89 »

Ok i will make a new Disk, or is there a way to use an USB Stick? I see "USB- Mass Storage Device" but can't use it.

The interesting THing is, that the Disk works fine in a more or less clean Win98 on my Pentium 3
BW89

Post by BW89 »

I copied the Driver installer onto the ReactOS HDD via a USB<->Sata converter. I installed it, but now after some Usage the image gets black. The PC is fine (i used Lubuntu over 1 hour without any issues) so the software is the issue.
Is there another Driver i could test?