It's time to take a decision which way you would like ReactOS to develop.
Please note both plans forbid dirty reverse engineering, and usage of copyrighted material in general.
Plan A (codename: "current") proposes (a summary of most important, in my opinion, points):
- full suspending development in the old SVN repository, making it readonly to devs (and most probably physical deleting when auditing is done)
- creating audited repository, and moving/auditing/rewriting stuff from old repository. Starting from the biggest possible clean revision of the module (e.g. for kernel it would be ntoskrnl rev. around 9000)
- removing all previous reactos releases, source code for release from any downloads servers forever, as if they didn't exist
- estimated time before new release - months-years
- legality / court-proof: perfect
Plan B (codename: "proposed") proposes (a summary of most important, in my opinion, points):
- resuming access to old repository, including readonly anonymous access and developers commit access
- continue development in old repository: all new commits must not be derivative of copyright work (I'm repeating here, but that's important) - thus no dirty reverse engineering
- parallel auditing of trunk, rewriting tainted,suspicious parts of it.
- perform releases (0.3, 0.3.x, 0.4), while getting every release cleaner and cleaner (announcing some release, e.g. 0.4 as being fully clean)
- possibly encourage creating a branch for developers who wants to perform full audit of the kernel starting from earlier, not-tainted revisions.
I will let you to decide which plan is more fun, more legal, and which plan almost certainly guarantees death to the project.
Voting concerning ReactOS development paths. Read only for non-developers.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests