Is 0.4.10 on track to be released today?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jasorn

Is 0.4.10 on track to be released today?

Post by jasorn »

Just curious because I saw the roadmap has 11/04/2018 as the target release day for 0,4,10. Asking because I'm planning to try to see if it's stable enough to dedicate one of my older machines to it. If 0.4.10 is close to being released, I'll wait for it.
PurpleGurl

Re: Is 0.4.10 on track to be released today?

Post by PurpleGurl »

I doubt it will be today. We don't set dates. That said, we've been working on mostly a 3 month cadence, though I don't know how feasible it is for the devs to keep that pace. They try, but there are no guarantees. This depends on a number of factors such as the developers lives, whether new regressions are introduced, and unforeseen problems.
wimc

Post by wimc »

I saw the date as well. Not a big deal if changed.

My old computer is already dedicated, see signature.
Ancient

Post by Ancient »

Development can't be done on an exact clock. A sense of realistic small steps that can be completed in reasonable units of time is a good idea, but controlling software development shouldn't be a clock, but an improved and stable release meeting most objectives which were set for it.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
jasorn

Post by jasorn »

Ancient wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 pm Development can't be done on an exact clock. A sense of realistic small steps that can be completed in reasonable units of time is a good idea, but controlling software development shouldn't be a clock, but an improved and stable release meeting most objectives which were set for it.
I'm a developer myself and am well aware of how releases go. I asked if it was on target because there was a target given in the roadmap. This is a normal question when target dates approach. If a target date hadn't been given, I wouldn't have asked. I've been following and installing Reactos for many years and know how it's releases go. :)
middings

Post by middings »

Generally the ReactOS Project has no target dates for anything. Whoever slipped up and suggested a target date for the release of version 0.4.10 would probably be in for a thrashing if Z98 were around more often.