Developers Leaving/Left/Staying

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cuppm

Developers Leaving/Left/Staying

Post by cuppm »

I'm still playing catch up on the mailing list and who is still around. But what is the status of developers? Like who left the project and who decided to stick around. I know WaxDragon left, but did Hartmut decide to stay with the audit? Also I saw somewhere that Alex isn't doing work anymore.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

As I understand, Harmut is gone and Alex can't code anymore since he got reverse-engeneering code (He could document it tough) because of the new IP policy.
Thomas Weidenmueller also is gone :(

I don't know for the others.
SamB

Post by SamB »

Rumours of WaxDragon's departure have been greatly exaggerated. He just needed to cool off, or something.
cuppm

Post by cuppm »

SamB wrote:Rumours of WaxDragon's departure have been greatly exaggerated. He just needed to cool off, or something.
He stated personal/family reasons in a mailing list post for stepping down as Testing Coordinator.
SamB

Post by SamB »

cuppm wrote:
SamB wrote:Rumours of WaxDragon's departure have been greatly exaggerated. He just needed to cool off, or something.
He stated personal/family reasons in a mailing list post for stepping down as Testing Coordinator.
Which is not the same thing as leaving. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me.
cuppm

Post by cuppm »

SamB wrote:Which is not the same thing as leaving. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me.
Gotcha.
cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro »

Check the mailing lists, you will see that he continue to post.