0.4.4 has arrived

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dizt3mp3r

0.4.4 has arrived

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Thankyou team for ReactOS 0.4.4, trying it now in virtualbox.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
ctasan

Re: 0.4.4 has arrived

Post by ctasan »

Well done job, as always. More DirectX apps start to work (no syncs, though), more Internet-related apps and... DOS apps. "Needless, can be later developed for focusing into more important things" NTVDM, attracts more users into our community.

But I really wonder this: despite I tried to contact with devs, why my changelogs are not going into Wiki? If I recall correctly, Ziliang Guo said preparing them was time-consuming, so I took over it. Not just like SVN logs filled with technical terms, I prepare them with Wine style to enhance understandability.
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

HI,

Me too, i want say also thank you very much too
to be now reactos like it is with youre help
and work together in one team !
Prettty well done up to now :)

Best regards
Blacky
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Is networking functioning out-of-the-box for everyone? as mine does not seem to want to connect. This is my 2nd laptop, an old Dell, running virtualbox, normally I just install and run and the networking is functioning, it goes straight through the native adapter and connects to the net. Will try another lappie shortly and test there.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

An explicit decision was made late in the 0.3.x series that all future changelogs would be just a list of Jira issues resolved. This way the process is almost completely automated so that there is no dependency on any person finding time to go through all commits. It also served to act as an inducement to get the developers to actually, you know, track their work with tickets.
middings

Post by middings »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Is networking functioning out-of-the-box...
Code of Conduct Rule 3. No thread hijacking.

You asked an interesting question. It deserves a topic of its own. Please start a new Support topic with it.
Last edited by middings on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I hijacked my own thread? as I said I am trying, testing it now. I think it was hijacked earlier with regard to changelogs but I am quite happy with that, this is just a general chat before/after trying it out... Happy to create a new post when I find a genuine technical issue. At the moment I am just asking whether anyone has had the same experience as me, if so, then I'll raise it separately.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

well.. :mrgreen:

best regards
Blacky