React os needs to clen up their act

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrewfer000

React os needs to clen up their act

Post by andrewfer000 »

LOOK! YOUR OS IS COMPETE TRASH! THIS SYSTEM CANT EVEN INTSALL JAVA PROPERLY!!!! THIS PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH!!! JUST TAKE THE DAMM FILES FROM WINDOWS XP AND USE THEM!!!! IS IT THAT F***ing Hard!! I GUESS I'll JUST WAIT ANOTHER 20 Years FOR THIS "open source environment I can trust"!!!!
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS needs to clean up their act

Post by PurpleGurl »

Hey, we cannot distribute their files as that would be illegal. If you want to download ROS and throw in Windows files for you own personal use, then you are on your own.

It would be constructive if you would search Jira to see if your issues are listed in there, and if not, report them there.

Also, do be reminded that profanity is not appreciated here. We do understand your frustration, though you must admit that you get what you pay for and that nobody is forcing you to use it. We know it has problems and we list it as Alpha software and not ready for daily use. You might want to glance over the rules while you are here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3709
Last edited by PurpleGurl on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: React os needs to clen up their act

Post by EmuandCo »

TO make you learn how to properly use a CAPS LOCK button I gave you a 7 day holiday off this forum...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

No forum is immune from complete idiots. :D

It is amazing how prepared people are to people advertise their lack of intelligence on forums.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

He is the sort of person who would try to cross a bridge under construction, bypassing all the signs and security and then complain when he falls into the water...
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

The kicker for me is this user's other post:
I am a huge fan of the operating system.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I LOVE this BRIDGE!!!!!!
SSJ_Vasto

Post by SSJ_Vasto »

dizt3mp3r wrote:He is the sort of person who would try to cross a bridge under construction, bypassing all the signs and security and then complain when he falls into the water...
I feel like this defines 75% of the world in 2016...
PC1: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 4GB RAM, Debian Jessie (8.2) (headless)
PC2: Intel i7-2600, 8GB RAM, DUAL Windows10 Pro + Debian Jessie (8.2)
PC3: Intel i7-3770, 16GB RAM, Windows7 Pro
PC4: Unknown hardware, No OS <-- ReactOS 0.4.2?
Heis Spiter

Post by Heis Spiter »

There's no point in keeping this open. Closing.
Pierre Schweitzer (aka Heis Spiter)
ReactOS kernel developer.
ReactOS systems administrator.