EPIC WIN!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

MugenFighter

Re: EPIC WIN!

Post by MugenFighter »

DeSmuME works...

[ external image ]
Last edited by MugenFighter on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Much cleaner now.
The discussion was moved to another topic.
This is just to post EPIC WINS, debates are outside of the corridor, left door.
Let's continue the fun!
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Nesticle (didn't name it) works.

[ external image ]

It would work before, but I couldn't get to find/load any roms.
I'm a MugenFighter, but not the one you are thinking about. I'm actually MugenFighterTube. Now don't ask about MugenFighter's characters.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

MugenFighter wrote:Nesticle (didn't name it) works.
(pic)
Hi! Are the two black columns at the left and right of the game expected? (I ask just to know whether it's a NTVDM graphical glitch or if it's perfectly normal).
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

hbelusca wrote:
MugenFighter wrote:Nesticle (didn't name it) works.
(pic)
Hi! Are the two black columns at the left and right of the game expected? (I ask just to know whether it's a NTVDM graphical glitch or if it's perfectly normal).
I think it is. My guess is it was programmed like that to avoid stretching.

By the way Genecyst works too and has the same thing going on.

[ external image ]

The reason I think this is because the actual toolbar goes across with no issue. Also you can change the resolution in both as well. Though I'm not sure if the bottom of Genecyst should be cut off. I could test in FreeDOS if you want me to.

Edit: The resolution does not change the game, but instead resizes the window itself hints the black boxes and why part of the game was cut off. This method would have worked very well with DOS, but not so much here.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

MugenFighter wrote:I think it is. My guess is it was programmed like that to avoid stretching.

By the way Genecyst works too and has the same thing going on.

(pic1)

The reason I think this is because the actual toolbar goes across with no issue. Also you can change the resolution in both as well. Though I'm not sure if the bottom of Genecyst should be cut off. I could test in FreeDOS if you want me to.

Edit: The resolution does not change the game, but instead resizes the window itself hints the black boxes and why part of the game was cut off. This method would have worked very well with DOS, but not so much here.
I'm interested in seeing a screenshot when bot games run on dosbox (maybe you can PM me so that we don't deviate again from the topic's subject).
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

Some of nocash's emulators on DOS...

No$GMB
[ external image ]

No$GBA
[ external image ]
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

IDA Demo, IDA Pro Free, and Game Maker 8.0 Decompiler all work.

Please note that I used software that I own the rights to for testing these three programs. Do not illegally use these programs.

Edit: To clarify any software I decompiled or disassembled for testing the three programs, I made myself in middle school as a hobby and I still retain the rights to them.

Edit (again): FwNES works...

[ external image ]

The rom I tested this with is a homebrew that the author has allowed for the reproduction and sell of it.

Also DOS UAE seems to work.

Edit (one more time): Before I say anything, I love stress testing the NTVDM, so that is why I test all of these DOS programs. Just mentioning it to those who may be wondering. Also I'm now trying to avoid any issues with illegal software or the illegal use of software. I believe in this project and that I'm actually helping it.

Now to the program: Amiga Forever seems to partially work, then just fails completely. But, it seems to have gotten better since the last time I tested it.

Edit (4th time): DOS Mugen update: DOS Mugen goes further than it did before than crashes (after pressing y or n).

[ external image ]

If anyone wants/needs me to I can take a debug log of DOS Mugen and check Jira to see if there is any related issues reported, if there isn't I could report it myself.

Edit (Update): I went ahead and made a debug log, and I didn't find something that was related to the current issue, so I submitted it.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

PrBoom 2.02 (Windows) works...

[ external image ]

and PrBoom Plus 2.5.1.3 (Windows) works...

[ external image ]

Both of these I used the FreeDOOM wad.
Last edited by MugenFighter on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

DOSDOOM (DOS source port) works...

[ external image ]

I used the DOOM2.WAD for this one, but I legally own it.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Good testing and a good recommendation for all DOSsers out there that ReactOS could be their platform of choice.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

dizt3mp3r wrote:Good testing and a good recommendation for all DOSsers out there that ReactOS could be their platform of choice.
I think that is one advantage ReactOS has over Windows. Because many companies and even government agencies still use DOS, and ReactOS could (in time) be a reasonable upgrade while still allowing compatibility with old software. That's one of the reason's I test so many DOS programs.
ercanersoy

Post by ercanersoy »

Good tests for ReactOS. I think, for ReactOS Application Test Center. This may better than EPIC WIN thread.
MugenFighter

Post by MugenFighter »

ercanersoy wrote:Good tests for ReactOS. I think, for ReactOS Application Test Center. This may better than EPIC WIN thread.
Mind explaining, I'm a bit confused. The only tests here followed the epic win rules. Maybe too much? Sorry if that is the case; I have a bunch a stress and this is a way I coupe.
oldman

Post by oldman »

MugenFighter wrote:
ercanersoy wrote:Good tests for ReactOS. I think, for ReactOS Application Test Center. This may better than EPIC WIN thread.
Mind explaining, I'm a bit confused. The only tests here followed the epic win rules. Maybe too much? Sorry if that is the case; I have a bunch a stress and this is a way I coupe.
Yes , I wondered what he was on about, because this is the 'EPIC WIN!' topic. I think he is suggesting something else! The 'EPIC WIN!' topic is now very full (58 pages), maybe it is time to make a topic dedicated to dos and/or ntvdm!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.