ReactOS web Server!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GvG

Re: ReactOS web Server!

Post by GvG »

TOTMS wrote:There is almost nothing to configure with tiny unless the html was entered manually into the index part of the program (which would be a bit silly.) If it works with IE why not with Fox if it does when run under win2000?
GvG wrote:The Content-Type returned is text/plain, it should be text/html.
It is VERY unlikely that ReactOS would change text/plain to text/html...
Jaix
Moderator Team

Not a web server config error.

Post by Jaix »

This is not a config error, there is no configurations possibel to make (almost). I guess it is something in ROS that is not set the proper way.
Now the server has gone down twice in an evening, that is too much, as longest from about 19.00 to 23.24 that is pretty impressing anyway almost 4h 30min.

I take it down and will probably try on real hardware instead. Stay tuned for more tests coming.
GvG

Post by GvG »

There is a rather big memory leak in our TCP/IP stack (run taskmgr and then start a large (30Mb or so) ftp upload, you'll see memory decreasing). This might explain why the webserver appears to hang after a while (running out of memory). Working on a fix.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

TOTMS wrote:How could it be? There is almost nothing to configure with tiny unless the html was entered manually into the index part of the program (which would be a bit silly.) If it works with IE why not with Fox if it does when run under win2000?
Well, how could it be that ReactOS' TCP/IP stack turns "text/html" into "text/plain" in tiny's TCP packets? This would be the most bizzare bug i've ever seen...
Luemmel

Post by Luemmel »

Matthias wrote:
TOTMS wrote:How could it be? There is almost nothing to configure with tiny unless the html was entered manually into the index part of the program (which would be a bit silly.) If it works with IE why not with Fox if it does when run under win2000?
Well, how could it be that ReactOS' TCP/IP stack turns "text/html" into "text/plain" in tiny's TCP packets? This would be the most bizzare bug i've ever seen...
That's why I suggested analyzing the traffic with ethereal, perhaps it's just something that makes browsers think it's "text/plain"
Perhaps the problem can be found by comparing the TCP output of tinyweb under windows with that under reactos...
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

I looked at the code and found the problem: The Server looks up the content type in the regesty

Code: Select all

SOFTWARE\Classes\MIME\Database\Content Type', 'Extension'
SOFTWARE\Classes', 'Content Type
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
TOTMS

Post by TOTMS »

Matthias wrote:
I take the point, but I have used Tiny and there is almost no configuration to be done. As Dr Fred points out, its prob ROS.
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
menn

hey jaix...

Post by menn »

that is the coolest. how often will it be online? i'd like to see it more often and show everyone a link.

the idea of a ros server is kinda warm and fuzzy.
FOSS="MY Computer"
drm="NOT My Computer" http://eff.org
Luemmel

Post by Luemmel »

Does tinyweb also serve XHTML with .xhtml or .xhtm extension?
TOTMS

Post by TOTMS »

Luemmel wrote:Does tinyweb also serve XHTML with .xhtml or .xhtm extension?
Not sure, its quite basic although I believe it can support PHP
TOTMS

Re: hey jaix...

Post by TOTMS »

menn wrote:that is the coolest. how often will it be online? i'd like to see it more often and show everyone a link.

I am playing around with this as well, unfortuantely I cant take down my main webserver as it must be on 24/7. When I finish my second server (soon hopefully but have exams looming) I will put ROS and Tiny on there.

You guys might be interested in this as well.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1437
Luemmel

Post by Luemmel »

TOTMS wrote:
Luemmel wrote:Does tinyweb also serve XHTML with .xhtml or .xhtm extension?
Not sure, its quite basic although I believe it can support PHP
Sorry my question was a bit misleading.
I wanted to know if tinyweb handles files with a filename like *.xhtml and *.xhtm exactly like *.html and *.htm
In this case Dr. Fred's patch needs to be extended in order to support them I think.
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

menn wrote:that is the coolest. how often will it be online? i'd like to see it more often and show everyone a link.

Well, this is on may home-computer via VMWare, and I will not have a permanent ROS server on that connection. But as fast I can connect my ROS test PC to the net I will set it up to autostart and then it should be no problem have it up 24-7 but I can't get the nic to work for some reason, I have tried many nics, but no one works, strange.
I also want to test the dyndns client in that case plus vnc and ftp .
Jaix
Moderator Team

Post by Jaix »

TOTMS wrote:I am playing around with this as well, unfortuantely I cant take down my main webserver as it must be on 24/7. When I finish my second server (soon hopefully but have exams looming) I will put ROS and Tiny on there.

You guys might be interested in this as well.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1437
I would like to inform you that it works great as a secondary web-server on another port then 80, try 8080 for example. Then you can run two different webservers on one computer.