Wifi.....

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zuto Kaza

Wifi.....

Post by Zuto Kaza »

Hello,

Wifi:
Does ReactOS support WPA and WPA2 wifi security encryption yet?

Tested a little
I tested the React in Virtualbox and it is pretty good. All it needs is a pretty skin or Litestep. I didn't have wifi, but if WPA and WPA2 gets supported, then I'll test Gimp, Photoshop, Blender, Litestep, LMMS, Audacity, Makehuman, and Libreoffice.

Start up was super fast. Beats Microsoft windows.
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Wifi.....

Post by EmuandCo »

ReactOS does NOT support WPA/2 yet.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Tonix

Post by Tonix »

EmuandCo wrote:ReactOS does NOT support WPA/2 yet.
I have not tested this on reactos, but it should work... now or in future....
its GPL2/BSD so it can be integrated...
http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/
Zuto Kaza

Post by Zuto Kaza »

Tonix wrote:
I'd like to try it, but.....ReactOS crashes due to my USB. I can't transfer the "wpa_supplicant-0.6.7.exe." Using virtualbox.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

You can still e.g. create an ISO image and load it to Virtualbox.
Zuto Kaza

Post by Zuto Kaza »

Black_Fox wrote:You can still e.g. create an ISO image and load it to Virtualbox.
Got the wifi working. Overall it is a fantastic OS....just needs bugs worked out of it. Most of the programs I use as a Game developer worked, but they crashed on and off. It ate up quite a bit CPU too. Not sure if it was because I tested it in virtualbox (Using one processor) , leaks, or it is just built that way. I rank it as my 3rd favorite OS. Can't wait for a stable release, but I guess I will have to.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Pics and a howto or didn't happen^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Zuto Kaza

Post by Zuto Kaza »

EmuandCo wrote:Pics and a howto or didn't happen^^
Wifi
I meant I got the wifi working through Virtualbox. Elementary OS Luna Linux connected to the internet and the wifi was emulated to ReactOS.

Errors:
Would errors I find help with the creation process? Some of the errors said that things were missing from some of the .dll or some of the programs had to be run as administrator to install everything. Maybe react could ask the user if "he/she/it" wants to run as administrator (Like in Microsoft windows).

Use a lot of software:
I use a lot of free open source software. I can find errors or locate the bugs for programs I use. (Gimp, Photoshop, Blender, Litestep, LMMS, FL studio, Audacity, Makehuman, photoshop, Qttabbar, Dexpot, encfs4win, veracrypt, photoshop, game engines, Libreoffice, and ect.)

Tabs:
Also, does react OS have "tabs" for the react file explorer? Kinda like chrome tabs. For instance, like Clover and QTtabbar.

Workspaces:
Dexpot is a good example for workspaces.

React login:
Windows login password. I set it, but it never asks me for it?
oldman

Post by oldman »

Zuto Kaza
React login:
Windows login password. I set it, but it never asks me for it?
The password is hard-coded with admin privileges, because it is considered an annoyance for testers to have to keep logging in!
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
moorken

Post by moorken »

Zuto Kaza wrote:
Tonix wrote:
I'd like to try it, but.....ReactOS crashes due to my USB. I can't transfer the "wpa_supplicant-0.6.7.exe." Using virtualbox.
anybody who has an idea when WPA2 will be available? These days there are a lot of devices which don't even want to work anymore with "regular" WPA :-(
my Android APK apps collection
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

anybody who has an idea when WPA2 will be available? These days there are a lot of devices which don't even want to work anymore with "regular" WPA :-(
Whenever we have enough resources.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
justincase

Post by justincase »

I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
haripcexpert

Post by haripcexpert »

Thanks for help.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

ReactOS will do all that Windows does eventually just lower your expectations at the moment and you will not be disappointed. Being in Alpha development indicates that stuff that works now may be broken at any time but vice versa, of course!

Keep testing, feedback through Jira and the site, all feedback as long as it is constructive is welcomed.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
B1-CENTAURO

Post by B1-CENTAURO »

I recently set up a 600 USD bounty on BOUNTYSOURCE for WPA/WPA2 implementation as well as a 100 USD bounty for making a WiFi connection manager. The former will expire in 6 months while the latter has no expiration date. If you have the necessary skills and want to help advance the ReactOS project while making some cash, this is your chance!

Good luck and cheers!

Link WPA bounty: https://bit.ly/3sMOlpR
Link conn. manager bounty: https://bit.ly/3xkaAqv