The current state of ReactOS

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevanf1

The current state of ReactOS

Post by kevanf1 »

Is there a single page that I can view in order to find out where ReactOS is with regard to usability? Software/hardware supported that sort of thing. I have looked both on the home page of ReactOS itself and on Sourceforge. I drew a blank :(

Please don't take this as criticism, it's certainly not meant that way. I have every admiration for you guys for building this OS. WELL DONE :)

Happy Christmas/Yuletide to all.
GvG

Post by GvG »

frik85 is working on something like this
kevanf1

Post by kevanf1 »

Excellent :) that looks to be just about perfect.

Thank you for that link.
dr_asfak

API Statitics

Post by dr_asfak »

As far as API oart is concerned we are just 54 % complete. Out of 5305, we have so far implemented 2905 as on 21st december. Can we expect 100 % by next year end ?
GvG

Re: API Statitics

Post by GvG »

dr_asfak wrote:Can we expect 100 % by next year end ?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what reply you expect. This is an all-volunteer project, we work on it in our free time. So, if half of the current developers decide to use their free time for something else next year development will slow down. On the other hand, if more people join the project, development will speed up. There's no way to tell.
DorianC

Raises hand....

Post by DorianC »

I've been programming for 25+ years in the MS platform (including C# lately, masm, vc++), if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I have a deep respect for what you're doing here and think it's about time someone did!

Anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Regards,
Dorian C.
Ged
Developer

Re: Raises hand....

Post by Ged »

DorianC wrote: Anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Absolutley.

Download the source and start submitting patches via bugzilla.
Once you've submitted quite a few and shown an interest, you can apply for commit access.

It's as easy as that :)
DorianC

Thanks

Post by DorianC »

Will do.

Thanks.
forart

Post by forart »

GvG wrote:frik85 is working on something like this
...but IMHO something like THIS would be clearer and understandable for everyone.

:idea:
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

I agree, a graph of aproxamate progress in various areas would be good, especialy for people just discovering Reactos.
dr_asfak

Re: API Statitics

Post by dr_asfak »

GvG wrote:
dr_asfak wrote:Can we expect 100 % by next year end ?
I'm sorry, I don't understand what reply you expect. This is an all-volunteer project, we work on it in our free time. So, if half of the current developers decide to use their free time for something else next year development will slow down. On the other hand, if more people join the project, development will speed up. There's no way to tell.
Dear GvG, that was not interogatory, just excitement on my part for this great OS. We pay lots of respect for programmers like you who has been giving lot to community. It has been just one month that i have seen this project but i have dedicated my most of time on reactos project after my hard day in medical practice. I am not programmer, but i distribute this OS to my colleagues, ask them to try and prepare compatible software database. Anyway, congrats to Reactos team on 0.2.9 release.
DorianC

Newbie in the mix...

Post by DorianC »

Hello ROS guys, :)
I wanted to say I am anxious to start working on this OS. After building compilers, disassemblers and applications for the conventional world, it's great to be involved in something so fresh and exciting. :)
I dug out an old computer and at this point, will be working on a ground up ROS box, as I move forward, is there any IRC client you suggest? Is there anything (app/etc) in particular you would like adressed? Let me know if so.
Thanks again for the effort!
DorianC
Dr. Fred
Developer

Post by Dr. Fred »

Patchworks wrote:
GvG wrote:frik85 is working on something like this
...but IMHO something like THIS would be clearer and understandable for everyone.
That is something compleatly different.
Where do you want ReactOS to go today ?
Matthias

Re: Newbie in the mix...

Post by Matthias »

DorianC wrote: I dug out an old computer and at this point, will be working on a ground up ROS box, as I move forward, is there any IRC client you suggest?
Mozilla Firefox works now, so probably ChatZilla (an IRC Extension for Firefox) will work.
geertvdijk

Post by geertvdijk »

i thought mIRC was working already?
-graey-