Blog: Inter-process miscommunication

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pi_User5

Re: Blog: Inter-process miscommunication

Post by Pi_User5 »

I've uploaded some more shell-experiments builds (filled in the space between the two and caught up to what's current) into the same place: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fu9y0equ5nz39
Could you build a LiveCD on the shell-experiments build and upload it?
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
justincase

Re: Could you build a shell-experiments LiveCD?

Post by justincase »

Pi_User5 wrote:Could you build a LiveCD on the shell-experiments build and upload it?
Can't you build it?
Unless you've written a build script it's only one command different for you to build a bootcd or a livecd. (specifically "ninja livecd" instead of "ninja bootcd") But I wrote out a build script, and I wasn't thinking of making livecd/regtestcd builds when I did, so I'd have to rewrite part of my buildscript to be able to do it.
Also I'm not all that big on the livecd build as it currently stands. (Don't get me wrong, I like livecd's, but as has been stated before, the ReactOS livecd build is currently kind of a big hack. Also, every time I've tried it on a computer I couldn't use a bootcd to install onto, it failed just as miserably.)
And I know you can build a bootcd (you did so earlier in this thread), so I don't see why you don't build a shell-experiments livecd if you want it.

Note - this isn't saying that I won't do it, just that it's a very low priority for me, so if you're thinking that you'll just wait for me to build it for you, you may as well build it yourself, it'll be done sooner.

Oh, and one more thing:
If a livecd improvement branch were to be made in the near future, I'd happily provide livecd builds of it. (hint, hint, ;))
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Pi_User5

Re: Blog: Inter-process miscommunication

Post by Pi_User5 »

Can't you build it?
Unless you've written a build script it's only one command different for you to build a bootcd or a livecd. (specifically "ninja livecd" instead of "ninja bootcd") But I wrote out a build script, and I wasn't thinking of making livecd/regtestcd builds when I did, so I'd have to rewrite part of my buildscript to be able to do it.
Also I'm not all that big on the livecd build as it currently stands. (Don't get me wrong, I like livecd's, but as has been stated before, the ReactOS livecd build is currently kind of a big hack. Also, every time I've tried it on a computer I couldn't use a bootcd to install onto, it failed just as miserably.)
And I know you can build a bootcd (you did so earlier in this thread), so I don't see why you don't build a shell-experiments livecd if you want it.

Note - this isn't saying that I won't do it, just that it's a very low priority for me, so if you're thinking that you'll just wait for me to build it for you, you may as well build it yourself, it'll be done sooner.

Oh, and one more thing:
If a livecd improvement branch were to be made in the near future, I'd happily provide livecd builds of it. (hint, hint, ;))
I was having trouble with downloading code updates from the SVN repository. I have not had time to re download the code. My faster computer is having trouble with RosBE and I need to fix it. I will try to build a livecd soon. :D
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]