REACTOS WALLPAPER VOTING STARTS!!

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

karlexceed

Re: REACTOS WALLPAPER VOTING STARTS!!

Post by karlexceed »

Just because it's a pain to download that file every time, here's the results so far as of the last update (7/25/14) to the spreadsheet:

1 - 23
[ external image ]
2 - 3
[ external image ]
3 - 14
[ external image ]
4 - 12
[ external image ]
5 - 17
[ external image ]
6 - 47
[ external image ]
7 - 6
[ external image ]
8 - 18
[ external image ]
9 - 36
[ external image ]
10 - 40
[ external image ]
11 - 41
[ external image ]
12 - 42
[ external image ]
Last edited by karlexceed on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

I'm not sure what the problem is. Just do as the person here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13466#p110319

Though... - while I appreciate the enthusiasm - I would ask of everyone making a list of the score, excel or otherwise, to not re-post a new one here after every single voting. All in moderation, after all. :) If such a list is provided after every, say, 3 new votings have been posted here, it's more than enough.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Well, if I could edit that post, I would... :?
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

karlexceed wrote:Well, if I could edit that post, I would... :?
There should be an 'edit' button in the right upper corner of your post? (before the 'quote' button?)

You ARE logged in, right?
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Yep, totally logged in. The only button I see (for any post, including my own) is report. And now that you mention it, I was looking for the quote button the other day, but couldn't find it. Still not there...
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Administrator may have banned your editing capability if he had seen a sign of spam.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
justincase

Post by justincase »

An edit privs "ban" seems unlikely.

I used to have (what appears to me to be) the same issue, but someone fixed it, IIRC it was due to the English version of the images not being referenced correctly, I forget if they got moved to the place the CSS referenced, or if the CSS was changed to reference where they already were (not that it matters as long as it makes sense and works right?). What language is your account set to? If you try a different one does it work? (user control panel -> board preferences -> my language)

To check if the buttons are there but not being shown (likely due to missing/misreferenced background images) you can right click on the visible "report" icon, and choose "Inspect Element".
Inside the <a href="./report.php?[...]" title="Report this post"> element you should find a <span> which contains "Report this post", click it.
Look through the CSS on the right (under "Style", "Styles", "Rules", or something like that depending what browser and/or extension you're using) and find where it says "display: none;" (should be in "ul.profile-icons li span { [...] }"), disable it (uncheck the box, or click the circle&slash symbol, or similar depending on browser/extension).
This should make a (poorly positioned) text version of the buttons visible. If only some of them appear then perhaps your editing privileges have been revoked.

Hope this helps.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Sure enough, switching to German and back made them all appear - I even got the PM icon and an online indicator! Neat! Thanks justincase!

Now if only I could find a way to resize those images... All phpBB BBcode references I see seem to require custom coding done on the forum host. Does anyone have the details for how to do this in the ROS forums?
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

karlexceed wrote:Sure enough, switching to German and back made them all appear - I even got the PM icon and an online indicator! Neat! Thanks justincase!

Now if only I could find a way to resize those images... All phpBB BBcode references I see seem to require custom coding done on the forum host. Does anyone have the details for how to do this in the ROS forums?
Hmm...that's weird, the post I gave a link to removed the pictures, just when it would have been of help to you...

But anyway, the principle is simple. You just go to the site I gave the link to in my first post, do a 'view source', and copy the url of the thumbnail there. That way, you can use the smaller images, without searching for ways to limit them with BB code (if that's possible on the ROS forum, even).

For instance, 23 would be: [ external image ]
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

karlexceed, what are you doing? :?:

You made/(re)did the post there to show image 23 but you did it with the LARGE image, not the small one, as I've given as an example... I mean... just analyse what I did and said. If you have trouble with it, you can just use the "quote" button and see what I have done and do the same. I thought I explained it pretty well, but you still didn't change anything to smaller proportions, on the contrary.

So...what is it you don't understand? Where do things go wrong? I mean, you just have to use the correct urls, and it immediately becomes more manageable.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Not sure what you're referring to as I had made no changes to the post until now. It looked the same to me today as it always had. At any rate, all is fixed now.
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

karlexceed wrote:Not sure what you're referring to as I had made no changes to the post until now. It looked the same to me today as it always had. At any rate, all is fixed now.
It didn't show up as an image before, just the word 'image', so I figured you had done something wrong in your code. But anyway, everything is settled now, so let's continue with the

WALLPAPER VOTING!!
red_raven

Post by red_raven »

henrytang5247

Post by henrytang5247 »

I updated the result... (25/7/2014)

Excel .xls : http://www.mediafire.com/download/e06ll ... ROSCWC.xls
Excel .xlsx: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b52rm ... OSCWC.xlsx

Now you still can voting before 3/8/2014!

Thanks Webunny for creating Community Wallpaper Contest!
Hi I am Henry. I often make Chinese and Malay translation and icons for ReactOS. I also a ReactOS Community Youtube Channel Manager.
[ external image ] [ external image ]
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Ok, last days! I'm going to close it this weekend, so it's the last chance for you to vote!

WALLPAPER VOTING CONTEST