Possibility for Emulation?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
Twarrior
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Possibility for Emulation?

Post by Twarrior »

Just a question. Low priority i'm sure. I've seen alot of free (possibly even open source) emulation for Commodore 64 / 128 as well as Amiga DOS and Amiga GUI. I've also seen emulators for the *old ancient* Apple stuff.

For us nostalgic freaks of nature out there, I think it would be cool if these could be integrated into ReactOS.

I'm sure other old schoolers than myself would love to see options like:

- Legacy Commodore Prompt
- Legacy Amiga DOS Prompt
- Legacy Amiga Explorer
- Legacy Apple Explorer

Anyone else other than myself think this would be extremely neat?

Dave

GreatLord
Developer
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:26 am
Location: Sweden

Post by GreatLord »

if u want amiga os on pc see www.aros.org they are traget is workbench and it is runing on pc and some other platforms. if I rember right u can run amiga apps if u use uae in there. in windows use uae

Twarrior
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 pm

Post by Twarrior »

GreatLord wrote:if u want amiga os on pc see www.aros.org they are traget is workbench and it is runing on pc and some other platforms. if I rember right u can run amiga apps if u use uae in there. in windows use uae
Wow! That rocks! Open source, too! Looks like at least for Amiga, my suggestion appears feasable.

Dave

TOTMS
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Possibility for Emulation?

Post by TOTMS »

Twarrior wrote:Just a question. Low priority i'm sure. I've seen alot of free (possibly even open source) emulation for Commodore 64 / 128 as well as Amiga DOS and Amiga GUI. I've also seen emulators for the *old ancient* Apple stuff.

For us nostalgic freaks of nature out there, I think it would be cool if these could be integrated into ReactOS.

I'm sure other old schoolers than myself would love to see options like:

- Legacy Commodore Prompt
- Legacy Amiga DOS Prompt
- Legacy Amiga Explorer
- Legacy Apple Explorer

Anyone else other than myself think this would be extremely neat?

Dave
If there is an existing project for win32 that allows you to emulate those platforms, then there is no reason why they should not work :p

florian
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by florian »

http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/

there is a compability list of applications amongst others emulators and feel free to join, edit and complement the existing list.

TOTMS
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by TOTMS »

florian wrote:http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/

there is a compability list of applications amongst others emulators and feel free to join, edit and complement the existing list.
I have never found that site too helpful, it is all over the place and most of it is rarely updated. Best thing to do if someone is interested is start your own emulation section in the official wiki and list emulators that you can get to work.

It would be a cool project!


Konrad
http://www.totms.co.uk

florian
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:19 am
Location: Germany

Post by florian »

It`s the homepage of frik85 and of course as long as no one contributes...

but as frik85 is also in charge of the ReactOS.org and he is the one working on a compability database for the official ReactOS.org.

Compare: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/S ... creenshots

And probably its content is going to be based first on the entries of his fansite but it is quiet obvious that an official database is better and bigger. We just have to wait a little bit longer or to use
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/R ... plications
which is in my mind not such a big help due to a lack of informations (which rosversion,...).

But I don`t want to go too off-topic.

forart
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Post by forart »

...ehm, check my open source emulator list @ Untested (open source) software list in the wiki, too ! ;)
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests