► (3/3) ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blue

► (3/3) ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪

Post by Blue »

About This Thread:
- ☻ Please Note: Thread has task limit of 20 adjustment.
A ☻ (Reason for EDIT) Fixed page body for easier reading.
B ☻ (Reason for EDIT) Thread titles have been changed & adjusted.
C ☻ (Reason for EDIT) Fixed all wording for faster reading.

I welcome all comments over this topic & if you feel anything is wrong please let me knew.

Name: Blue
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪
☻ Thread Last Updated: 24th / May / 2014
☻ Build: ReactOS-0.3.16-REL-iso
☻ ReactOS is running in Oracle VM VirtualBox.
☻ (Thread Status): COMPLUTED
☻ [Task total left] = 0

[ external image ] I'm friends with the monster! [ external image ]

Information:
This thread should be it for now over tweaking & improving the OS. Hopefully this thread(S) will help the ReactOS team(S) get better build(S). ;) I hope you've enjoyed all this work I've put in & hopefully we all will see the content gets implemented into the new nightly or release builds of ReactOS.

INTRO:
Hopefully you found what I've listed beneficial. If you wish to read more of my following feedback threads I have quick links below. Please note: To everyone reading. Thanks, for taking time out to read what I've written here & also the best way to give feedback to developers is heading over to JIRA & reporting so the team(S) their can read & view what you have to say right away! :)

Thread Linking:
► 1 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13249
► 2 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13259
► 3 ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪" : Your On
► Website ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪ : http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13250

Hardware tools & features:
Description Hoover
1. Idle description hoover timer(S), This way we do not have to try to read a whole line of text that is out of viewing distance...

[Title Name]
2. REMOVED!

No Mouse Scroll
3. When trying to scroll with meddle scroll wheel the mouse does not move up or down inside the system. A good example of it not working would be trying to use the mouse scroll feature inside the "ReactOS Applications Manager". (This is a ReactOS BUG as I had the features working before and when I reloaded off another build version is stopped working again in my VM)... Meaning not all nightly builds are keeping all the needed features...

[Title Name]
4. REMOVED!
React update for device installations
5. "ReactOS update" When opening the ReactOS update a software checker detector box with offer options will appear on screen & here is a example below:

Basic:
(-) ReactOS (Recommend) update software list.
(-) Install Driver automatically.

Advanced:
(-) Automatically try to detect missing (Drivers/Software).
(-) Install Driver from Specific location.
Welcome Screen
6. The welcome screen with wall have two parts. (A) Welcome Screen (B) Tip screen at the very bottom (Example) photo below:

[ external image ]

-------------------------------------------

System build tool action box
7. Inside the (Menu > Program) > Add & Remove client system trey so a OS builder s(he) wall have all the tools needed in one place, other than having them all over the OS for quicker building & linking & if you don't wish to do that please fix this problem than as you can see in the example photo below. As it does not close the boxes down once you leave the tray with your mouse.

[ external image ]
System Tweaks:
Send To
8. Community question: My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Documents and Settings.... Default User & Administrator have Send to empty folders. do they really need to be their?

Desktop folder not setup right etc....
9. My Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Documents and Settings.... Now the following 3 users areas are not setup right: 1. administrator | 2. All Users | 3. Default User | >>> If you go into the desktop in the following areas none of the desktop icon links show up & this is not how its meant to working... Along side many more issues that are not setup right in the 3 user areas..

Administrative Tools
10. Please add all the administrative tools in the start menu to the right locations.

NO right click (Network)
11. No right click for information over networking. [ external image ] By Dave3434 "No right clicking on network icon I rely on that feature when I'm connecting to a Wi-Fi network or when something goes wrong."

Download Management
12. (POINT 1) Please fix the download management on ReactOS. As it does not work right when trying to get software from the net correctly. (POINT 2) I would also like to point out it has a very long delay time when trying to save content to hard-drive off the download manager box.

View options:
13. In the "View" options allow end-users to hide the address bar.

Menu Double Click
14. Please make "My Documents" & all it's folders double click-able to quick enter folder areas in the start menu. - Downloads , - My Music , - My Pictures , - My Videos

File Rename Issue:
15. When trying to highlight a name with your mouse the user is not allowed to highlight without being kicked off the folder naming possess . Please fix this issues. (As you can not highlight & pest etc...) without being kicked said once again.

Folder types
16. Please add more folder types in the right click new folder tab.

Trash
17. When deleting content & adding into trash-can this content of the app(s) Image icon(s) wall despair & leave a pure name in the trash-can. Please fix React trash-can to work correct. Thanks

Screen Splitting
18. Please make ReactOS so it may split our screen(S) 50/50. As myself does this allot in my day to day activity's when using my personal computer...
Entertainment:
Entertainment
19. Add little more signal player games into system menu.

WineD3D
20. Their is no information in the boxes of "WineD3D" when you open the option(s) under control penal... Please fix it where this works right. (There is no default being set.)
[ external image ]
Last edited by Blue on Sun May 25, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 63 times in total.
oldman

Re: ► (3/3) ReactOS Design Talk ♪♪♪

Post by oldman »

by Blue » 24 Apr 2014 22:27
FileView
1. Please add this websites system tool into the ReactOS Build: http://www.freefileviewer.com/
FileView is only freeware, therefore it cannot be integrated into the source code of ReactOS!

Part of their eula
3. Grant of a Limited Use License.

We hereby grant, and you hereby accept, a limited, non-exclusive license to
install the Application on computers owned by you or under your legitimate
control. You may use the Application solely for your personal use. Other than
the rights expressly granted hereunder, no other right is granted. You may not
rent, lease, sell, redistribute, sublicense or otherwise transfer the
Application. You will not remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark,
logo, or other proprietary notices in the Application.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
Blue

Post by Blue »

oldman,
Thanks for pointing that out. I should of read terms & conditions better.
- I've also removed it from the list. *** I still wish ReactOS had something like it though.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

why no right clicking on network icon i rely on that feature when i'm connecting to a wifi network or when something goes wrong.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Dave3434 wrote:why no right clicking on network icon i rely on that feature when i'm connecting to a wifi network or when something goes wrong.
Yes, I see what you mean.
This functionality probably just hasn't been implemented yet, I searched around on JIRA and couldn't find an issue that this would be a duplicate of, so I'll suggest that you request this feature on JIRA.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Dave3434,
I added your comment to my wish-list for #1.
Thanks for your comment & now maybe it will be looked into. :)

justincase,
Thanks for looking into this matter.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Blue wrote:Thanks for looking into this matter.
Umm, I'm just a user/tester, if it's to be fixed, either a developer or another knowledgeable community member will need to look into it (I just verified Dave3434's findings) so they can figure out what needs to be done.
However if an issue doesn't get any mention on the bugtracker (JIRA) I doubt that putting it on a tasklist in the forum is as likely to get it noticed (and fixed) as it would be if reported on the bugtracker.
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Justincase,
I was only meaning, Thanks for looking into the data base for us to see if the issues has been bright up yet. It does not mean you will fix the problem.

Lets just hope developers will see & get to some of the problems above.
This thread is (NO GOOD) Unless developers take fixing the list to heart. :)

Thanks for all the feedback.
Blue.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Blue wrote:Lets just hope developers will see & get to some of the problems above.
Oh, I think a few of them saw it, however there are 1500 open bugs in JIRA so it may take a lot of time to fix everything :)
Blue

Post by Blue »

Black Fox,
Thanks for the kind words.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Blue wrote:Lets just hope developers will see & get to some of the problems above.
This thread is (NO GOOD) Unless developers take fixing the list to heart. :)
True
Black_Fox wrote:Oh, I think a few of them saw it, however there are 1500 open bugs in JIRA so it may take a lot of time to fix everything :)
Also True (more now)
While perhaps not all of the Devs read the forums (IDK) it has been evidenced by a number of recent posts (by Devs) that at least some of them do, so it's pretty unlikely that these posts have gone unnoticed.
This being said however, no matter how much attention a forum post gets, it is much easier for such posts (on the forum) to be forgotten about than JIRA issues, thus any actual bugs need to be posted to JIRA.

No matter who or how many people report a bug on the forum, if it isn't reported on JIRA it won't show up when the Devs want to know "Which bug should I work on next?".
Blue

Post by Blue »

justincase,

Thanks for caring so much about where I post my messages & if you feel the posts are being placed in the wrong place you can always take control of what is on this thread and post it in the JIRA yourself & for my thread posts I've already posted them up for the public to see here... This already taken a long amount of time & I don't feel like re-writing everything on a little 5X5 post box even if it would help the project improve... I always have Microsoft windows or Linux to work on atm... So it does not effect me one bit since i just upgrade my PC & hardware each year anyways... as Software does not always cover many issues that come to be as everyone improves so much every year...

Now like i said.. If you want to take control and post each one. ONE BY ONE go ahead and do it!
Sorting each topic out in the JIRA would be a pain.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Updated main body of thread.

- Number (#1)
- Number (#20)

Have been added in to fill the left over task list!
Date: 5/12/2014
Issue: "3D Text ScreenSaver"

When trying to run preview 3D Text ScreenSaver on ReactOS. It will stop the system from responding & sometimes it will even make you restart the computer to fix the issue. Please remove or fix this issue in the new build(s).

Personal Note: (Anyone can add the issue above into the JIRA for me. Thank you!).
NOTICE: "Build 63248" This problem still has not been fixed. (Showing Its still a issue from release build "ReactOS-0.3.16-REL").
Date: 5/12/2014
Issue: "Internet Settings"

Trusted sites , Restricted sites are missing icons.

Personal Note: (Anyone can add the issue above into the JIRA for me. Thank you!).
NOTICE: "Build 63248" This problem still has not been fixed. (Showing Its still a issue from release build "ReactOS-0.3.16-REL").
Blue

Post by Blue »

Thread being updating for faster Reading/Viewing whatever one you picked is your favorite. :roll:
Blue

Post by Blue »

Just like Magic have a desktop app that will show important information about the OS that can be disabled & enabled testing for development reasons. Could be a good way to keep your eye on many peace's of hardware when testing stability. This would be good if it was built into the OS releases.

[ external image ]