Reactos 0.4 will be released in Q1 of 2014 ?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Zc456

Re: Reactos 0.4 will be released in Q1 of 2014 ?

Post by Zc456 »

Aeneas wrote:Perhaps the century is too specific as well... *sarkasm*
Anytime this century is more realstic then narrowing it down between January to March of a single year. :roll:
Stay frosty, Tony Bark.
steveh

Reactos 0.4 will be released next Friday?

Post by steveh »

:?: 8-)
reactos 0.4 will be released by Santa Claus two days ahead, Friday 6 this week?

Indeed, Friday December 6, 2013 is the last schedule of Santa Claus day, before the funerals of windows XP in April 2014.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Dec. 6th has nothing to do with the american invention of Santa Claus. Its the day of saint Nicholas. And no, that Friday we don't release anything except some more daily builds.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
eersoy93

Post by eersoy93 »

EmuandCo wrote:And no, that Friday we don't release anything except some more daily builds.
Why?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Because no new release is planned just outta nowhere. ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
eersoy93

Post by eersoy93 »

EmuandCo wrote:Because no new release is planned just outta nowhere. ^^
Sorry, I did misunderstanding.
steveh

Post by steveh »

EmuandCo wrote:Dec. 6th has nothing to do with the american invention of Santa Claus. Its the day of saint Nicholas. And no, that Friday we don't release anything except some more daily builds.
:oops: ²
Oh sorry, then i mismatched something.
I thought "Santa Claus" were just an american name spelling for Saint Nicholas...

So "Santa Claus" is it the same synthetic character as the german "christmas guy"?
bernarddt

Post by bernarddt »

steveh wrote:So "Santa Claus" is it the same synthetic character as the german "christmas guy"?
Jip "Christmas (Day)" = "Santa Claus" = 25 Dec
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

The evolution of Santa Claus is complicated. A poem called "A Visit from St. Nicholas" was published in English in 1823. It describes a man referred to as "St Nicholas" and "St Nick" being pulled in a miniature sleigh by eight tiny reindeer (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen). He entered the house through the chimney and filled the stockings with gifts. That poem heavily influenced the perception of the character who came to be known as Santa Claus in the English world.

In modern times, it's relatively rare to hear Santa Claus referred to as Saint Nicholas outside of a retelling of that poem. In the US, the true name of Santa Claus is usually given as "Kris Kringle", such as in the popular 1947 film "Miracle on 34th Street". As Western society has become increasingly secular, Santa Claus has become less associated with Saint Nicholas, and Christmas has focused more on Santa Claus and less on the birth of Jesus. I suspect that many children in North America would not know about a connection between Santa and Saint Nicholas.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.