Media player Classic on Github

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Blackcrack

Media player Classic on Github

Post by Blackcrack »

Hi,

I wanted to make you aware,that on github the Mediaplayer Classic it is..
now can you take the sources and can integrate ..
and compiling the sources by self for make Reactos more the one with subapplications
in this case, the "Media Player".. the Classic one ..

Currently, the latest stable build is v1.7.0 which was compiled from a1ef5bd

http://mpc-hc.org/downloads/

Clone URL Browse URL Description
https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc.git https://github.com/mpc-hc/mpc-hc Official Git repository

( I would remind )
why it is important to have Sub-applications into the System with the Installation.. there are still offline Computers !

best regards
Blacky

and p.s. maybe be something other on github who can use in Reactos also, why not use what get it for free.. like different Drivers or other applications .. Take a look on it ;) ( i think on browser engine who be directly integrable.. (not only gecko,WebKit, why not directly integrate it ??? Or what does use KDE 4.11 now ? they have change it .. to an other .. or other applications who be integratable and useful for the Users )
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Media player Classic on Github

Post by EmuandCo »

We don't include any optional apps by default. Sorry.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

True, but we should have all the things that come with Windows by default. Like maybe a browser, even if it is a quick and dirty one (like the Dillo port, for instance), and a media player. If there is a WMP, then why not a RMP? Ideally, if someone wants, they should be able to install WMP under ReactOS, assuming they can download it from Microsoft.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

There is a N Version without a WMP ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

EmuandCo wrote:There is a N Version without a WMP ^^
I think this is an App which could really be integrated. Well it will cause some more filesize and build time but it could be integrated and only built for releases. It is a fully synced component where we dont have to care about development (only rebranding) but offers some ootb luxurity
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

gonzoMD wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:There is a N Version without a WMP ^^
I think this is an App which could really be integrated. Well it will cause some more filesize and build time but it could be integrated and only built for releases. It is a fully synced component where we dont have to care about development (only rebranding) but offers some ootb luxurity
The solution (as always): Add it to RAPPS !
Vulture

Post by Vulture »

It's weird (imo) that people here are so concerned with "details" when the entire thing is barely usable.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

It is in rapps ^^
And yes. Its way too early to discuss such stuff

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

i think so.. we need an installed RWM for computers who be not..
online and have no the possible for installing over the Appinstaller
other things, therefor it is a must be for have an possibility for playing Multimediafiles like Movies ..

it is easy to say.. Windows7 was an Version N who has it not .. or we are dont whant intregrate standart apps..
but think about Win3.11, Win95, win98 and ME .. and XP they are all.. and in the other standart Windows-Versions
was integrate an Mediaplayer.. the "N" -Version it is only an version,
who it is not include as an extra Version, and not an standart Version ..

The Standart Version have an Player, an Internet Explorer and the Standart Version have Write and Paint !

some one it is maybe an Minimalist one and want have not a full and an overloaded Windows .. but..
Some Peoples have no Online Possibilitys or something, therefor mus be integrate an solution for Playing
an Movie or any soundfile, and with an Multimedia player.. ..
Maybe make the Windows Media Player Classic the System more fad, but it is not really the Player,
it is more the codec's where make it with ~100 MB more "wight" .. The player only it is 3 MB

my self don't use the WMP who be there inside of my Windows7 , but if i install an system,
who be not on the net, because if i be , or other persons be in the last outback wheres gives not an Network,
how should they are please playing they are Movies if anyone bring an CD , Stick or something with Mediafiles on it ? :(

no player, no have fun and no possibility's for looking Videos.. the thing from "no include standart players" it is only an thing from the Government of Europa and some peoples who want to use they own software as programm produser.. but, it is mus be an possible for playing An Movie in Reactos and therewith maybe with an player who be the best in Reactos, like was in The MSWin and this as Standart Application like Paint, Write, Calculator, notepad, and finally Reactos Media Player.. so an RMP, Windows Media Player Classic ..

We should have easy an Standart Windows/Reactos with all what have an Standart Windows also,
include an Video/Multimediaplayer..
and therefor it is the Windows Media player Classic also the best .. imo .. it is not so ?

And EmuandCo, in all Honor, minimalisic and try to hold it small is okey,but we should not castrate ,
what was castrated because of other..and normally includes.. so should be an RMP include ..
You need not use it.. and can be still exist in the accessories .

best regards
Blacky
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Except ReactOS is not stable enough where it is usable for day to day use. Until we get to that point, any arguments about making things easier on 'users' is moot since we don't have any users to make things easier for.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

It seems like it would be good to have a separate ISO for the optional stuff that comes with Windows. Then those who want to maintain it can do so, and all that doesn't have to be built during each build. Or for that matter, even a separate project for recreating the less than necessary parts of Windows.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

Hi :)

maybe it is an suggestion, if make in the install, an own Page for selecting '"addons" for the System
like in Mandrake (if anyone did taste it ..) an Page where can select which Addon-Applications need install also.
So can anyone fit his own windows like he want .. Totaly minimalistic, with diffrent applications.. or with all ..
Later it is maby also possible for custimizing the win alias an unattentend installation wit,
without or all Applications and, maybe the possible for the extended User an Iso or an USB without this
Application brunch for have an small System only CD, maby for servers or something without
this Application/install brunch in the installer.. But it should be possible for installing directly this installations ..
like the Original windows in our Reactos .. because, it's an reaction against MS and not an Reaction of the Applications on it... :mrgreen:
The application on it, be not bad, the way/manner with spy it is bad .. How ever, we have 700MB space (and on an 1Gig usb more *s*)
why should we are not including in the installation as an extra brunch for installing applications this make as addon.. in the installer for have later an possible to make it more smaller or the possible for custom it and create and make with this Installer add-on create other Possible for the user to custom it .. and as 2nd thing, maybe with switches as silence install ..

Hey, i have an Idea/suggestion, on the installer an Step like it is the $OEM$ but with an own Step and an own Surface, where ever tells what it is run at moment and installing, it meant it is an possible build with an own Install step for installing 3th Application but not fully hidden, no, if they application be install, show the user, what's go in on and which Application it is actually installing , how many Apps be install and how much percent of they are be install with an loading/process bar .. As an own step in the Installer.
Not an OEM-Folder, much more an Application Folder (Apps) with an ini-file where be possible for tell which applications&switches

----------%source%\APPS\install.ini-----------------------------
app1 : .\browser\ff\firefox23.exe
switch1 : /sm
app2 : .\tool\launchy.exe
switch2 : /S
app3 : .\doublecmd\doublecommander.exe
switch3: /S
app4 : .\adobe\flash.exe
switch4: /S
app5 : .\Java\java.exe
switch5: /S
inf1: .\inf\customizer.inf # including inf-files in the registry
inf2: .\inf\addon.inf # including inf-files in the registry
copysystem1: .\speziallythings\notepad2.exe
copysystem2: .\speziallythings\tweaker.exe
background: \bg\picture.jpg # possible for place an backgroundpicture
backgroundfolder:.\brackgrounds #copy all pictures in the backgroundpicture-folder
branding: \brand\brainding.inf (+small pistures and others)
Themeaddonfolder: .\themes #more as one themes zip where be maybe in zips and extract in the theme-folder of ROS
Standarttheme : Name of the Theme
driverfolder :%source%\myowndrivers\

e.t.c. #and maybe others who can install or customizing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

as own installer-step in the Installer for have an better possibility
for customizing the install.. with 2rd/3th Apps

best regards
Blacky
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

PurpleGurl wrote:It seems like it would be good to have a separate ISO for the optional stuff that comes with Windows. Then those who want to maintain it can do so, and all that doesn't have to be built during each build. Or for that matter, even a separate project for recreating the less than necessary parts of Windows.
Or as I said before: Make such things for releases. Releases are from what get reviews written and what users try at first.
a good Eyecandyandmuchstuffintegrated release is good PR. I believe more and more that the devs, release engineers and project coordinators think so much that releases are not important that they forget that releases are the one and only link to users and potential contributors.
Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack »

+1
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

It wont be added in the normal release for sure, same goes for a Internet Browser. We do NOT plan to force ppl into using anything they dont wanna use. Thats the point and this one will stay active I hope. We had a biiiig discussion if we will other IFS drivers into our code base at all or make it optional (And this is a CORE component and yeah I was for doing so) and you think we will add FF and MPC? Naaaah ^^