Vote for ReactOS to be the project of june!

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Fox

Re: Vote for ReactOS to be the project of june!

Post by Black_Fox »

mametoc wrote:I don't think so. Even when I do not care about sharing some data, it's considered "evil" by a few people. Android is popular enough to want that kind of advertising.
I think the way to go for Android is selling support or something like that, if it is to be a big corporation.
Facebook and Instagram are known very well for this and they don't hide it. While it's considered immoral by a few people, there are many other who don't care. It's BUILT around sharing private data. Google "just" adapts the ads to your profile so that they have a higher chance to catch your interest.
mrugiero

Post by mrugiero »

Black_Fox wrote:
mametoc wrote:I don't think so. Even when I do not care about sharing some data, it's considered "evil" by a few people. Android is popular enough to want that kind of advertising.
I think the way to go for Android is selling support or something like that, if it is to be a big corporation.
Facebook and Instagram are known very well for this and they don't hide it. While it's considered immoral by a few people, there are many other who don't care. It's BUILT around sharing private data. Google "just" adapts the ads to your profile so that they have a higher chance to catch your interest.
I think that's a sarcastic answer to my post.
Anyway, I know they don't hide it, and it doesn't bother me. I know some people who is bothered by this.

EDIT: I thought a little bit more, and I don't think it's such a bad idea if it's optional and comes off by default (I imagine a prompt the first time it boots asking if you want to help ReactOS by allowing them to share some anonymous data or something like that). That way, the ones who feel invaded can just say no to this practice, and the ones who doesn't can help.
Last edited by mrugiero on Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Keep pushing!
CSRedRat

Post by CSRedRat »

I'm voted, need more votes for win!
Jedi-to-be

Post by Jedi-to-be »

Please vote!
CSRedRat

Post by CSRedRat »

ReactOS now the frist! Thanks to http://vk.com/reactos_ru