Translations

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

ruic

Translations

Post by ruic »

It seems this gentleman has solved the translations problems for his open source project. Maybe ReactOS could use his idea.

http://blog.getpaint.net/2011/04/17/pai ... -tldr-yes/
Haos
Test Team

Re: Translations

Post by Haos »

Online translators, like Bing/Google translator or Babel should ONLY be used if you want to grasp a general meaning of a text paragraph or a webpage, written in a language that is unknown to you. Such should NEVER EVER be used for any localisation purposes and NONE of such translation will ever be commited to ReactOS. I am more than fed up with what current device/gadget user manuals are nowadays, not to mention absolutely wrong and stupid auto-translations used in android market. This trash is creating such negative opinion on its author...
zefklop
Developer

Post by zefklop »

Haos wrote:Online translators, like Bing/Google translator or Babel should ONLY be used if you want to grasp a general meaning of a text paragraph or a webpage, written in a language that is unknown to you. Such should NEVER EVER be used for any localisation purposes and NONE of such translation will ever be commited to ReactOS. I am more than fed up with what current device/gadget user manuals are nowadays, not to mention absolutely wrong and stupid auto-translations used in android market. This trash is creating such negative opinion on its author...
I would not have said better.

Thank you for this article. Now I know that I will use the english version of Paint.NEt (which is a very fine piece of software btw)
naums

Post by naums »

Well.. Paint.net suckz ;) nevertheless, the translation team(s) try to translate the homepage and ReactOS very good and we try to bring the sense of the text to you. Try out Google with the Newsletter 83 and see for yourself if you would unterstand it still.