Windows XP USB WDM driver template

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

JPLR

Windows XP USB WDM driver template

Post by JPLR »

Hi,

This is probably another stupid idea from me but I wrote a Windows XP USB WDM driver template in the Wiki at:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/USB
Normally what is needed now is to fill the switch/case with the correct codes that can be found in Linux source code as it was done in the unfinished Cromwell implementation.
Feel free to move it in a more suitable place and to amend it.

Have a nice day,

JPLR
JPLR

Re: Windows XP USB WDM driver template

Post by JPLR »

May I ask why it was removed without any discussion?
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

JPLR wrote:May I ask why it was removed without any discussion?
I didn't remove it but imho there's nothing to discuss, implementing usb in ReactOS means a lot more than just fill in stubbed functions, but thanks for the try anyway. ;)
JPLR

Post by JPLR »

Thanks for the comment.
I didn't claimed anything, I used the word "template".
And adding USB support to Reactos as ordinary users expect it, is certainly a different thing than implementing a USB driver.
Anyway someone of the art should have recognized there is more in this template than some random code picked on Internet.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

I don't know why Lone Rifle removed it, but I reverted his removal and demand a discussion before we remove it! Was there any reason at all?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
JPLR

Post by JPLR »

Danke Reimi :-)
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

The wiki is not the page for code copypasta. If you must, do it in your own personal page space, submit a patch, or request a branch. Also, if your idea is stupid, why do you expect it to be treated as if it's not a stupid idea?

In addition, your formatting is terrible and ruins the layout of the original USB wiki article, which I find callous and irresponsible.
Last edited by Lone_Rifle on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

OK, I will hand it to our USB Dev and ask him if we keep it or not. Anyway, removing without any comment is not very nice.

JPLR: np ;-)
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...