anonymous cvs access to reactos project

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

little_prince

anonymous cvs access to reactos project

Post by little_prince » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:26 pm

would it be possible to allow anonymous access to reactos and related utilities cvs? wine, ecos, linux etc provide for anonymous cvs read access. in cursory browsing through the site, i didn't find information on that.

i might not be building it often, or using it even for long, but would love to steal time to understand how things are progressing.

doing a cvs update even after 5-6 months gap, will be cheaper and faster than downloading 19-20MB sourceballls. last i had downloaded 0.2.1 sourceball in april 2004, but didn't get time to go through it.

this has some CVS directories in sub-directories, but no CVS folder in top directory of extracted tree. also the Root content is like ":pserver:nj@24.234.141.99:/CVS/ReactOS" so it can't be used for cvs updates.

lp

GvG

Re: anonymous cvs access to reactos project

Post by GvG » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:18 pm

little_prince wrote:would it be possible to allow anonymous access to reactos and related utilities cvs?
It is allowed. Use "cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon@cvs.reactos.com:/CVS/ReactOS login" with "cvsanon" as password. Then you can checkout the source with "cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon@cvs.reactos.com:/CVS/ReactOS co reactos"
More info here (just use cvs.reactos.com instead of osexperts.com as host name).
Last edited by GvG on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.