Linear frame buffering of video?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

LOst

Post by LOst »

GreatLord wrote:reactos vbe driver does map hole graphice card memmory direcly to gdi.
when reactos write a dot it write direcly to the graphice card memory. or block of pxiel it write direcly to the graphice card.

the vga drv in reactos write one dot each time. it can not wirte all pixel same time. it need call setpixel hole time and switch memmory bank.
when it need.
So is the VBE driver VBE 3.0 linear? Can I instal it on my Windows XP as a graphics driver to see the speed difference between ReactOS GDI and Windows GDI?

Please help me
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

it use vbe 2.0 line frame buffer.
yes, it works on winxp. you only need a .inf file or you can wrote one you self.
LOst

Post by LOst »

GreatLord wrote:it use vbe 2.0 line frame buffer.
yes, it works on winxp. you only need a .inf file or you can wrote one you self.
That's so cool.

I still need more information about the actual driver and how to make it work in Win XP. I can probably write an INF file but i need to know the actual driver files first.

Can you help me?
Gasmann

Post by Gasmann »

LOst wrote:
GreatLord wrote:it use vbe 2.0 line frame buffer.
That's so cool.

I still need more information about the actual driver and how to make it work in Win XP. I can probably write an INF file but i need to know the actual driver files first.

Can you help me?
vbe driver files:
  • miniport driver: system32\drivers\vbemp.sys
    driver dll: system32\framebuf.dll
I hope I didn't forget something :roll: