Bootloader?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

NeutrinoX

Bootloader?

Post by NeutrinoX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:23 am

Hi, I have two questions:

1: I'm using a emulator (QEMU) to install ReactOS in a image of a disk, I've noticed that after the installation was finished, it says "The setup cannot install the bootloader on your computer's harddisk, please insert a formatted floppy disk in drive A: and press ENTER", I insert the disk, press enter, and it says that the drive A: is empty!!! why? :cry:

I have a Pentium 4 @ 2.4 Ghz, 256 MB RAM and Windows XP Pro installed.

2: ReactOS will be ever free :roll: ???

Gasmann

Re: Bootloader?

Post by Gasmann » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:51 pm

NeutrinoX wrote:Hi, I have two questions:

1: I'm using a emulator (QEMU) to install ReactOS in a image of a disk, I've noticed that after the installation was finished, it says "The setup cannot install the bootloader on your computer's harddisk, please insert a formatted floppy disk in drive A: and press ENTER", I insert the disk, press enter, and it says that the drive A: is empty!!! why? :cry:

I have a Pentium 4 @ 2.4 Ghz, 256 MB RAM and Windows XP Pro installed.

2: ReactOS will be ever free :roll: ???
1. Look here.
Does the disk image contain other partitions? Normally it should be possible to install it on the disk image without problems :roll: .

2. Yes, it will :wink:

NeutrinoX

Post by NeutrinoX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:08 pm

No, the image contains only one partition, so, how can I configure it for get installed correctly?

Gasmann

Post by Gasmann » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:13 pm

Maybe theres no active primary partition :?
Did you install it on a plain image and partitioned it with ReactOS setup? This always worked for me. ReactOS simply creates one partition and installs there. If you made the partition on it with another program, maybe theres something wrong with it (e.g. not primary/not active)

NeutrinoX

Post by NeutrinoX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:12 pm

Thanks, now it's working :wink:

LOL!!! The system looks great, definitively, ReactOS will have a brillant future, maybe will be better than Windows, one never knows :D