Ninja error compilation

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ladele

Ninja error compilation

Post by Ladele »

Hello
I downloaded the ReactOS sources from GitHub without going through the Git sync.
I created a ReactOS_Dev directory with as subfolders, a reactos-0.4.13-release folder containing the project source files and a RosBE folder containing the build environment.
My problem is when I try to compile, it gives me an error that ninja bootcd is not recognized (ninja: error: 'base/applications/calc/calc_pch.h.gch', needed by 'base/applications/calc/CMakeFiles/calc.dir/convert.c.obj', missing and no known rule to make it)

Here are the steps I did :
STEP 1:
I entered this command line in the environment console:
D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release>configure.cmd
Results:
-- Build files have been written to: D:/ReactOS_Dev/reactos-0.4.13-release/output-MinGW-i386
Configure script complete! Execute appropriate build commands (ex: ninja, make, nmake, etc...) from output-MinGW-i386

STEP 2:
D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release>cd output-MinGW-i386
and D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release\output-MinGW-i386>ninja all
Results:
ninja: error: 'boot/freeldr/freeldr/freeldr_common_pch.h.gch', needed by 'boot/freeldr/freeldr/CMakeFiles/freeldr_common.dir/lib/arcsupp.c.obj', missing and no known rule to make it

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? (I had succeeded the first time to compile the project, it gave me a livecd.iso file in the output folder)
Julcar

Re: Ninja error compilation

Post by Julcar »

1) try ninja clean, and then ninja all
2) if 1st step don't work, delete your entire compilation folder and recreate it again.

Your error is very likely with pre-compiled headers not matching with those in your updated source tree.
Ladele

Post by Ladele »

when i run the ninja clean command i get the following message:
> ninja clean
[1/1] Cleaning all built files ...
Cleaning ... 0 files.

Then ninja all:
ninja: error: 'boot / freeldr / freeldr / freeldr_common_pch.h.gch', needed by 'boot / freeldr / freeldr / CMakeFiles / freeldr_common.dir / lib / arcsupp.c.obj', missing and no known rule to make it

Always the same error, how can I do it?
Here is the version of my ninja: 1.10.2
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

A question a bit out of the context, why does your thread looks so similar to this one? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20831
Ladele

Post by Ladele »

I was just inspired by this formulation to pose my problem :), otherwise we had the same problem after executing configure.cmd he launched the ninja bootcd command, instead of ninja all, I tried and j 've got the same error message as him so I think we're in the same situation.
I tried everything you said but can't find a solution. So will I have to download an old version of the source code to hope that it works ?
Last edited by Ladele on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
what OS are you using?
what version of the ReactOS build environment are you using?
are you trying to build the ReactOS 0.4.13 or the master branch?
Ladele

Post by Ladele »

I am using Windows 10 64 bit
ReactOs Build Environment 2.2.1
ReactOs 0.4.13 master
Last edited by Ladele on Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi why are you trying to build an old version of ReactOS this error looks like it is only in the ReactOS 0.4.13 branch and not in the master branch
Ladele

Post by Ladele »

Yes, the error seems to be only in the ReactOS 0.4.13 branch, this is the one I downloaded do you have an answer to my problem?
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi you will need to install an older version of the ReactOS build environment 2.1.6 to build the ReactOS 0.4.13 branch