Ninja compilation error

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

adjudant412

Ninja compilation error

Post by adjudant412 »

Hello
I downloaded the ReactOS sources from GitHub without going through the Git sync.
I created a ReactOS_Dev directory with as subfolders, a reactos-0.4.13-release folder containing the project source files and a RosBE folder containing the build environment.
My problem is when I try to compile, it gives me an error that ninja bootcd is not recognized (ninja: error: 'base/applications/calc/calc_pch.h.gch', needed by 'base/applications/calc/CMakeFiles/calc.dir/convert.c.obj', missing and no known rule to make it)

Here are the steps I did :
STEP 1:
I entered this command line in the environment console:
D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release>configure.cmd
Results:
-- Build files have been written to: D:/ReactOS_Dev/reactos-0.4.13-release/output-MinGW-i386
Configure script complete! Execute appropriate build commands (ex: ninja, make, nmake, etc...) from output-MinGW-i386

STEP 2:
D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release>cd output-MinGW-i386
and D:\ReactOS_Dev\reactos-0.4.13-release\output-MinGW-i386>ninja bootcd
From there the error occurs: ninja: error: 'base/applications/calc/calc_pch.h.gch', needed by 'base/applications/calc/CMakeFiles/calc.dir/convert.c.obj', missing and no known rule to make it

Does anyone know how to solve the problem? (I had succeeded the first time to compile the project, it gave me a bootcd.iso file in the output folder)

My system configuration:
Edition: Windows 11 Home Unilingual
Version: 21H2
Build: 22000.258
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64 processor

Thank you for your help.