AFD returns STATUS_PENDING when network connection is too fast

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Julcar

AFD returns STATUS_PENDING when network connection is too fast

Post by Julcar »

This is already treated on CORE-17142, but here I would like to request help from the community to debug more properly this issue.

From what I've traversed the code, the culprit is located at drivers/network/afd/afd/read.c specfically at the function TryToSatisfyRecvRequestFromBuffer

Code: Select all

if( CantReadMore(FCB) ) return STATUS_SUCCESS;
    if( !BytesAvailable ) return STATUS_PENDING;
In my case, for some reason BytesAvailable is zero, and that's why the function keeps returning STATUS_PENDING and applications stay waiting forever.

How could I debug the value from BytesAvailable to know the reason why it is zero?

Thanks.
learn_more
Developer

Re: AFD returns STATUS_PENDING when network connection is too fast

Post by learn_more »

Julcar wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:23 pm This is already treated on CORE-17142, but here I would like to request help from the community to debug more properly this issue.

From what I've traversed the code, the culprit is located at drivers/network/afd/afd/read.c specfically at the function TryToSatisfyRecvRequestFromBuffer

if( CantReadMore(FCB) ) return STATUS_SUCCESS;
    if( !BytesAvailable ) return STATUS_PENDING;
In my case, for some reason BytesAvailable is zero, and that's why the function keeps returning STATUS_PENDING and applications stay waiting forever.

How could I debug the value from BytesAvailable to know the reason why it is zero?

Thanks.
Start with tracing those:

98         BytesAvailable =
  99         FCB->Recv.Content - FCB->Recv.BytesUsed;
They should be changed somewhere, maybe the buffer is full and we don't read fast enough ?