About automatic build

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

creeper

About automatic build

Post by creeper »

Hello.
I'm trying to do an automated build of ReactOS with a windows batch file but it doesn't work.
Is there a build method that doesn't use RosBE?
Or do you know how the batch file enters commands into RosBE?
If anyone knows it, I would appreciate it if you could tell me.
Thank you :D
TMStreicher

Re: About automatic build

Post by TMStreicher »

Hello Creeper,

what version of RosBE do you use and what is the exact problem please?
I also had some minor troubles building the first time (viewtopic.php?t=19794), but in the mean-time RosBE 2.2 got released. Maybe this solves your problem-
creeper

Post by creeper »

TMStreicher wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:52 pm Hello Creeper,

what version of RosBE do you use and what is the exact problem please?
I also had some minor troubles building the first time (viewtopic.php?t=19794), but in the mean-time RosBE 2.2 got released. Maybe this solves your problem-
The problem is that the RosBE prompt does not accept batch file input.
oldman

Post by oldman »

creeper wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 pm Or do you know how the batch file enters commands into RosBE?
I may be showing myself to be an idiot here, but I will attempt to answer you.

I have very limited understanding of code, but I would suggest that you look at the scripts in RosBE to find where it presents you with a command prompt, then hard code the commands there. The two commands are 'configure ninja' and 'ninja bootcd' (or livecd). I do not know how possible it is to do.

You need to contact EmuandCo, he is the person responsible for the Windows version of RosBE.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
creeper

Post by creeper »

oldman wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 am
creeper wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:37 pm Or do you know how the batch file enters commands into RosBE?

I have very limited understanding of code, but I would suggest that you look at the scripts in RosBE to find where it presents you with a command prompt, then hard code the commands there. The two commands are 'configure ninja' and 'ninja bootcd' (or livecd). I do not know how possible it is to do.

You need to contact EmuandCo, he is the person responsible for the Windows version of RosBE.
I am happy just to offer the potential!
Thank you :D
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

Take a look at the step 'build-msvc-i386' from .github\workflows\build.yml
creeper

Post by creeper »

learn_more wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:20 pm Take a look at the step 'build-msvc-i386' from .github\workflows\build.yml
I can't check because it's not there right now, but is there a possibility there?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

creeper wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:09 pm
learn_more wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:20 pm Take a look at the step 'build-msvc-i386' from .github\workflows\build.yml
I can't check because it's not there right now, but is there a possibility there?
Define "there", where is it? :|

Just clone the repository from git. https://github.com/reactos/reactos
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

You mean that you are too lazy to open a new tab and go to github.com/reactos/reactos and browse it there or?
creeper

Post by creeper »

learn_more wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:01 pm
You mean that you are too lazy to open a new tab and go to github.com/reactos/reactos and browse it there or?
It cannot be read on a smartphone.
sorry.
justincase

Post by justincase »

Works fine on my smartphone. Maybe you just can't figure out how to find it using GitHub's mobile web UI?
Here's a link: https://github.com/reactos/reactos/tree/master/.github/workflows/build.yml
I reserve the right to ignore any portion of any post if I deem it not constructive or likely to cause the discussion to degenerate.
creeper

Post by creeper »

justincase wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 am Works fine on my smartphone. Maybe you just can't figure out how to find it using GitHub's mobile web UI?
Here's a link: https://github.com/reactos/reactos/tree/master/.github/workflows/build.yml
I didn't notice, thank you!
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

justincase wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 am Works fine on my smartphone. Maybe you just can't figure out how to find it using GitHub's mobile web UI?
usually those people are just looking for handouts fyi.
creeper

Post by creeper »

oldman wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:00 am

I tried it again and it worked!
Thank you!
creeper

Post by creeper »

Thank you!