need help with virgl under qemu on rpi4

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

askmewho

need help with virgl under qemu on rpi4

Post by askmewho »

Hi, I found reactos on good shape even under emulation (on 1 core) on my rpi4, well done! amazing peace of OS, at least when it gets finished.

the problem its than I need to install virgl and it doesnt find the proper drivers (it doesnt find the sound drivers too), how I could achieve that or there is no mesa virgl support at all??

thanks on advance
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: need help with virgl under qemu on rpi4

Post by EmuandCo »

This is a Windows architecture based OS and no *nix. You can try Windows GFX drivers and that's it.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

askmewho wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 pm the problem its than I need to install virgl and it doesnt find the proper drivers (it doesnt find the sound drivers too), how I could achieve that or there is no mesa virgl support at all??
I'm not sure QEMU even have 3D accelerator emulation.

But you can download full Mesa 3D package from the Application Manager (RAPPS).
askmewho

Post by askmewho »

thanks for the replay, the idea its to "virtualize" the gpu to get opengl acceleration. thats what virgl does, as far as I know.
blackandwhite

Post by blackandwhite »

virgl is virtual GPU with 3D acceleration but as I know, there is no driver for platforms other than Linux. There is initial driver for Windows but it's focused on Windows 10 (WDDM, not working on NT5 OS'es like ReactOS) and I don't know if it still developed. Probably Qemu is not an option if you want 3D acceleration on ReactOS (other than software rendering).