SendTo Implementation

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

sraboy

SendTo Implementation

Post by sraboy »

Sorry, don't have access to IRC at the moment so I figured I'd post here.

I'm implementing the "Send To" context menu (ref: https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-12562). The first thing I want is the "Desktop (create shortcut)" on the desktop since I think it's a pretty basic capability, with "Compressed Folder" being a close second.

In Windows, the shortcut is done based on the .desklink file in %USERPROFILE%\SendTo, whose extension refers to sendmail.dll as a drop handler. ROS does not currently have sendmail.dll. Can I just implement this as a bit of a hack directly in shell32.dll or would a PR like that be rejected? Having sendmail.dll would be nice but I just started with ROS so I'm not up for creating a new system DLL just yet.
oldman

Re: SendTo Implementation

Post by oldman »

sraboy wrote:Sorry, don't have access to IRC at the moment so I figured I'd post here.
You have posted here, so you can use IRC here https://www.reactos.org/irc. Just click the Start button and you are in.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Hacky ways are not likely be accepted. We try to be Windows compatible and this would be the wrong way.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
sraboy

Post by sraboy »

oldman wrote:
sraboy wrote:Sorry, don't have access to IRC at the moment so I figured I'd post here.
You have posted here, so you can use IRC here https://www.reactos.org/irc. Just click the Start button and you are in.
Didn't realize there was a web client, thanks! Seems to not be working for me on macOS Chrome though...
EmuandCo wrote:Hacky ways are not likely be accepted. We try to be Windows compatible and this would be the wrong way.
Understood, thank you. I suppose (for now) I can just implement the CSendTo class but leave out the .desklink and .mapimail file associations so the feature is at least available for whenever an app/lib registers itself.
ale5000

Post by ale5000 »

It has now been mostly implemented by katahiromz.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

ale5000 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:25 pm It has now been mostly implemented by katahiromz.
Indeed. :)
sraboy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:56 am Sorry, don't have access to IRC at the moment so I figured I'd post here.
If you are still around, we are now using ReactOS Chat, you can join here using your forum account.