Compile Wine without libwine.dll linking

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Svyatpro

Compile Wine without libwine.dll linking

Post by Svyatpro »

Hello guys, investigating the ReactOS dlls I noticed that WIne's libraries are not linked with libwine.dll.
I just wondering how to compile Wine dlls without libwine.dll dependency, for example d3d*.dll;dxgi.dll;wined3d.dll;dwrite.dll;dwmapi.dll etc.

Thanks in advance!
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Compile Wine without libwine.dll linking

Post by EmuandCo »

By using our own dependencies which make libwine obsolete.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Svyatpro

Post by Svyatpro »

Thank you, but sorry I am complete noob, can you tell more about how to use your own dependencies?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

We provide all functions which the dll or app might need, but not over a wrapper library, we do it like windows. If there's a function needed, it will be included by the derivate of the original windows dll we have in our tree.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
zefklop
Developer

Post by zefklop »

EmuandCo wrote:We provide all functions which the dll or app might need, but not over a wrapper library, we do it like windows. If there's a function needed, it will be included by the derivate of the original windows dll we have in our tree.
This is not entirely true. We use libwine for some purposes, especially debugging functions (FIXMEs, TRACEs and so on) which we even use in some of our own modules. Also, some wine-specific library loading functions (dlopen-like) are implemented in it. Those are basically wrappers to LoadLibrary-family functions. The fact that there is no libwine.dll is simply due to the fact that we use a static library, and not a dynamically loaded one.

For the rest, as Daniel said, there is no bridge with UNIX, as there is no UNIX to bridge to ^^.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, at least half right ^^ I just read .dll and forgot that the lib is there... meeeh