While building ReactOS, at 63% it says Access Denied.

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

asd1!

While building ReactOS, at 63% it says Access Denied.

Post by asd1! »

Hi Ros devs. I have a ridiculous and annoying problem while building ReactOS. While building and hitting at 63% of building, i hit a message that says something like:
mingw32.exe *Access Denied

Please help me. I already contacted the maintainer of the RosBE via email but he still haven't replied.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.
Haos
Test Team

Re: While building ReactOS, at 63% it says Access Denied.

Post by Haos »

Where is your ReactOS tree located? Could you paste the full path here?
BrentNewland

Post by BrentNewland »

If you're a bit more advanced with computers...

Google and download Process Monitor from Microsoft.

Here's how you use it:

Run the program and accept the EULA. It starts capturing events by default, so you'll want to go to the File menu and stop capturing/logging (keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+E).

Now, go to View and Clear Display.

You're going to want to start the build, and when it's getting close to where it gives you an "Access Denied" message, go to Process Monitor and enable capturing (through the file menu or Ctrl+E).

Wait for the build to give you the access denied error, then go back to Process Monitor and stop capturing.

You're going to have a massive lists with tens or hundreds of thousands of entries. You need to narrow it down by filtering out the junk.

First, look for "Success" in the Result column. Right click on it, and choose "EXCLUDE SUCCESS". This will exclude everything that worked from your display.

Next, identify processes that aren't related (like explorer, services, etc.) Right click on those and choose "Exclude ****" (whatever the name of the program is).

You probably want to filter out "Buffer Overflow" and "Name Not Found" messages as well.

You should have a small list by now which you can filter further or just go through and note the "Access Denied" entries (you can also right click and "Include Access Denied", but if there are any other related messages you won't see them).

If you accidentally apply a filter, you can go to one of the menus at the top and choose "Filter...", then enable/disable filters you've put on.

Guide with Pictures http://improve.dk/archive/2009/10/21/so ... nitor.aspx but don't follow it, it's just for reference.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

asd1! wrote:Hi Ros devs. I have a ridiculous and annoying problem while building ReactOS. While building and hitting at 63% of building, i hit a message that says something like:

Please help me. I already contacted the maintainer of the RosBE via email but he still haven't replied.

You are the one playing with ninja from bugzilla? If so, my scripts are not tested with ninja at all and thus i dont support it in the recent releases.
If not, what address did you use to contact me?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
asd1!

Post by asd1! »

Haos wrote:Where is your ReactOS tree located? Could you paste the full path here?
The Ros source is located in C:\Users\<Username hidden for privacy>\reactos
asd1!

Post by asd1! »

EmuandCo wrote:
asd1! wrote:Hi Ros devs. I have a ridiculous and annoying problem while building ReactOS. While building and hitting at 63% of building, i hit a message that says something like:

You are the one playing with ninja from bugzilla? If so, my scripts are not tested with ninja at all and thus i dont support it in the recent releases.
If not, what address did you use to contact me?
I used the address 'daniel.reimer@reactos.org' to email you.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Did you try make or makex?

I think I asked you that already, but because my Notebook is dead, I have no access to the mails before yesterday for a short while...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...