Another Problem

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

iPick12

Another Problem

Post by iPick12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm

I've been up to this problem for the past two hours and I don't seem to be able to fix it. It always happens after installation, just before the GUI and that setup wizard start. NTOSKRNL.EXE seems to work just fine as the progress bar goes till the end. So here is the screenshot:
What I've done is adding most of the ReactOS extra modules to the build. Now take a look at the RAM on the host:

I also edited the default sound configuration but I don't think that matters does it?

milon

Re: Another Problem

Post by milon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:14 pm

I assume you're running on a virtual machine. Which one? What version? And what build of ROS are you using? You said you've been adding extra modules - which ones?

A basic approach would be to start with a clean ROS and add 1 module at a time until you discover the offending module. Then start with another clean ROS and try just that module alone - could be a combination of modules that's giving you that problem.

iPick12

Post by iPick12 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Don't worry, I found the problematic module. It was actually a change on a DLL.

Webunny

Post by Webunny » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:06 pm

iPick12 wrote:I've been up to this problem for the past two hours and I don't seem to be able to fix it. It always happens after installation, just before the GUI and that setup wizard start. NTOSKRNL.EXE seems to work just fine as the progress bar goes till the end. So here is the screenshot:
What I've done is adding most of the ReactOS extra modules to the build. Now take a look at the RAM on the host:

I also edited the default sound configuration but I don't think that matters does it?
That BSOD is actually good news; it proves Ros is 100% compatible with Windows!

;)