tab key

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cyberthrope

tab key

Post by Cyberthrope »

The tab and alt-tab don't seem to work on the keyboard when the mouse fails.
If this issue has been posted already I appologize for bringing it up again. There are alot of posts and I only perused them for tab issues.
I loaded the OS last year in vbox for the first time to check it out and the mouse didn't work. Tab did not work either so I could not get around inside of it. A friend recently told me about it again so I downloaded the vbox preinstall and loaded it up. Same issue. My mouse didn't work and I could not tab around to check out the OS anyways.
The system looks very nice but I have no way to move around within it so I can not use it. I am looking for an alternative to windows since the latest ones are not to my liking (vista is okay, 7 is still okay a little less, and 8 is not okay for standard home powerusers, imho, your computer is now theirs).

milon

Re: tab key

Post by milon »

What version of VBox and what version of ROS are you using? Tab functionality is still missing, it seems, but the mouse has been working for a long time. Make sure you disable mouse integration in VBox or the mouse won't show up. (Right-click on the mouse icon in the vm tray and un-select mouse integration.)

alfanak.net

Post by alfanak.net »

milon wrote: (Right-click on the mouse icon in the vm tray and un-select mouse integration.)
OR use Ctrl+i :roll:

Cyberthrope

Post by Cyberthrope »

I'm using a 3.. version vbox. The 4.. vbox doesn't recognize my keyboard or mouse in any os, but the 3 will recognize them.
I did notice that that the alt tab does work if there are windows open to switch between them, but I couldn't tab down to open anything. The windows key works to get to the start menu to open things.
I managed to open device manager and noticed that the default mouse is a ps2 mouse, but when I pressed enter to open it, enter did not work to do that either. I did plug in a ps2 mouse to try, but then I remembered that you have to reboot your computer for it to reload and read ps2 devices and I'm currently in the middle of some other things I have open on my computer. I'll try the ps2 mouse and keyboard next time I reboot my computer.
I tried the control i with the mouse also, but that didn't work either.
The error in vbox is - Result Code: E_Invalidarg (0x80070057) for HostUSBDevice, which may or may not be helpful. I think its just vbox.
I booted it up from a live cd in vbox and the mouse works so I think its just running as a vm in vbox that is causing the mouse not to work. I gave it 768 ram to boot up on too. It seems to be working that way so I'll explore it some like that.
Hopefully tab will be enabled for one of the shortcut keys. I noticed the back, forward, up, home, and refresh buttons don't work on the explorer window in the livecd. There is nothing in the address either.
I'll explore it more. So far it seems like a fairly good os.

milon

Post by milon »

Cyberthrope wrote:Hopefully tab will be enabled for one of the shortcut keys. I noticed the back, forward, up, home, and refresh buttons don't work on the explorer window in the livecd. There is nothing in the address either.
Yeah, those parts aren't coded yet, so the buttons are just "dummies" for now.