Hoping to get started with ReactOS Development

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

Redefined Horizons

Hoping to get started with ReactOS Development

Post by Redefined Horizons »

I'm very exicted about the ReactOS project, which I recently stumbled accross.

I am learning C programming, and would like to help out with the ReactOS Development.

Is there a problem or feature that I can tackle with some guidance from a more experienced ReactOS developer?

I don't have much time, only about an hour a week for the code, but it is something.

Let me know where I can get started.

Redefined Horizons

P.S. - I read in the "Development" section something about a book entitled "Introducing to ReactOS". However, I couldn't find the book on Amazon or on Google. Is it still available?

Ged
Developer

Re: Hoping to get started with ReactOS Development

Post by Ged »

Redefined Horizons wrote: Is there a problem or feature that I can tackle with some guidance from a more experienced ReactOS developer?
Pick an area your interested in, research it, read through any code we may already have and come into our IRC channel for any help and advise, or just a general chat ;)
P.S. - I read in the "Development" section something about a book entitled "Introducing to ReactOS". However, I couldn't find the book on Amazon or on Google. Is it still available?
There is no such thing ...... although it would be kinda cool if there was :)

GvG

Post by GvG »

First, try to build ReactOS yourself. Then take your favourite (not too big, open source preferably) application and see if it runs correctly in ReactOS. If not, start working on making it run.
And as Ged said, feel free to drop in on the IRC channel or post to the ros-dev mailing list if you get stuck.