Call for translators!!!

Discuss translation of both ReactOS and the website here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Web Team

Pi_User5

Call for translators!!!

Post by Pi_User5 »

Hello. I need some translators for https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-9544. Just translate the English file https://jira.reactos.org/secure/attachm ... 6/en-US.rc and upload it to the bug report as the language name.rc. If someone translated to German, the filename would be de-DE.rc and I will do the rest. Thanks!!!!
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Call for translators!!!

Post by EmuandCo »

Added German, I really recommend to NOT use DIALOG, change it to DIALOGEX
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Added German, I really recommend to NOT use DIALOG, change it to DIALOGEX
Done with the latest version of the patch.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

I go for Spanish translation.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

I go for Spanish translation.
Thanks for offer but the patch was committed in r67215. Sorry!

[ external image ]
jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

Ow... well, next time I'll act faster hehe
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Feel free to add the translation in another report for us adding it. ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
ChikenSoup

Post by ChikenSoup »

I just would like to say that the rc file is missing the link you provided is broken.
middings

Post by middings »

ChikenSoup wrote:I just would like to say that the .rc file is missing. The link you provided is broken.
I don't know much about the JIRA issue CORE-9544. I checked its activity with the history tab selected. I discovered the reason the link you followed was broken. The file linked by Pi_User5, https://jira.reactos.org/secure/attachm ... 6/en-US.rc, in the original post in this thread (topic) has been deleted. For this reason the link is dead. That file appears to have been replaced by https://jira.reactos.org/secure/attachm ... 5/en-US.rc. (This link is working at the time I write this.)

JIRA issue CORE-9544 was marked Resolved on April 16, 2015 (2015-04-16). If you wish to contribute another translation, then log in to the ReactOS JIRA with your ReactOS Forum credentials, create a new issue in JIRA, give it a short title in the Summary field, put a description of your issue in the Description field, and attach the file with your new translation to your new issue.

If you make a new JIRA issue related to CORE-9544 you could include that information in your new issue. Here is how to do that. After the new issue is created, view the issue in your browser, choose the Edit button in the upper left of the web page, then a pop-up will appear with fields for additional information about your new issue. Change the value of the Linked Issues drop-down box to "Relates to" then type "CORE-9544" into Linked Issues data field. Leave all other fields unchanged. Choose the Update button at the bottom of the pop-up to save your changes.

Note: Avoid 'polishing' or 'tweaking' the content of a JIRA issue by repeatedly making and saving small edits to a JIRA issue. JIRA treats each saved edit as a change. For each change JIRA sends a message to the JIRA Activity Stream and sends an e-mail to members of the development team and others who are watching the issue. Unnecessary clutter in the Activity Stream and e-mail inboxes is annoying. Also, be patient. Do not expect a swift response to a non-critical issue. The developer team is very busy. Be prepared to wait at least a month. Frequent 'pinging' of an issue is considered rude.
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

A couple of things:

1) I'm sure Chikensoup is one of those spam bots.
2) Chikensoup violated forum rule #5 by reopening a 2 year old topic. I wouldn't have wasted the time to reply.
3) Wine is known for the dumbest mistakes in their code and I found mistakes in the English resource file after it was translated. I fixed the resource file and uploaded a new English one and deleting the old one as you should. It prevents confusion and lessens clutter. All this happened after everyone gave me their translated files without the mistakes.

I'm done here. I'm not going to waste my time and post on this thread again. It's 2 years old already. It's old news. Sorry :\

[ external image ]
ChikenSoup

Post by ChikenSoup »

Pi_User5 wrote:A couple of things:

1) I'm sure Chikensoup is one of those spam bots.
2) Chikensoup violated forum rule #5 by reopening a 2 year old topic. I wouldn't have wasted the time to reply.
3) Wine is known for the dumbest mistakes in their code and I found mistakes in the English resource file after it was translated. I fixed the resource file and uploaded a new English one and deleting the old one as you should. It prevents confusion and lessens clutter. All this happened after everyone gave me their translated files without the mistakes.

I'm done here. I'm not going to waste my time and post on this thread again. It's 2 years old already. It's old news. Sorry :\
1) im not a spam bot i just havent opened this account for a long time
2) im new I never new you shouldnt open a topic thats 2 years old, no i wanted to help translate its not a waste of time

and if i violet the rule #5 again then im sorry for reposting in old forum
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Can you translate that to Engrish please?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
middings

Post by middings »

ChikenSoup wrote: 2) I'm new. I never knew you shouldn't open a topic that's 2 years old...
Read the Code of Conduct. A copy of the Code of Conduct is in every sub-forum.

When one is a new visitor to a forum or blog comment section, one should avoid posting comments until one has searched for and read the forum's or blog's rules.

Also, please use the best English grammar and spelling one can. People from many nations participate in the ReactOS project. Many participants are not native English speakers. Their effort to write good English is appreciated. Native English speakers should return the favor by writing clearly and avoiding slang.