Dutch translation

Discuss translation of both ReactOS and the website here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, Web Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Dutch translation

Post by EmuandCo »

Would you please let Christ out of that discussion? (Well, I personally dont believe in him, but in general... bad idea)
Why should a "normal" user have to see the Add Content button?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

EmuandCo wrote:Would you please let Christ out of that discussion? (Well, I personally dont believe in him, but in general... bad idea)
Why should a "normal" user have to see the Add Content button?
Better than invoking hell! ;-p

And for your last question... I'm wondering if you're being sarcastic or not. That was EXACTLY why I posted the last picture. In the picture before, I'm logged in as translator and you see the 'add content' button, in the last picture you see it how it is as a normal visitor, without the 'add content' button (AS YOU CAN SEE) and, in fact, without any other buttons to go through the site (AS YOU CAN SEE). Your question does not make sense at all, thus.

Note also the "Note that they don't see ANYTHING under 'navigation', except for 'jobs'. All the rest isn't there. So how are they supposed to be browsing through the site?"

How many times more must I point out the problem? Did you really conclude that by 'all the rest', I meant the 'add content' button??! Are you...grrr! For *insert arbitrary holy or unholy man or beast here* sake! OBVIOUSLY the problem with the last picture is not that they don't see the 'add content' button, but that they don't see any of the navigationbuttons! (hence why they can't navigate and browse through he site, as said!!)

It's been over half a year now since I first pointed this out. It's...you know...mindboggling that something which should be a relative easy fix to add the buttons there (or tell me how to add them) is taking so frikkin' long. Be honest here: I've been MORE than patient. But this is just becoming ludicrous, even with all the good will I've showed with the 'we're shorthanded' and 'we're busy with IGG' arguments and explanations.

More than 6 months! To add some buttons!!
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Hmm...what to say? While I have noted the buttons were finally placed there - thnks - and so the most pressing issue of not being able to navigate in the (translated) site has been largely mitigated... the execution of it hasn't been excellent.

Yes, one could say I suffer from perfectionism, but as far as I look at it, if you're going to do something anyway, you better do it good. That's why I don't solely rely on google translation neither, because it sucks too much. Now, here is what the site gives as navigation buttons on the English site:

Navigation

Home
Info
Community
Development
Jobs

Here is what the Dutch gives:

Navigatie

Gemeenschap
Home
Info
Jobs
Ontwikkeling

I don't know why it wasn't placed in the correct order, since I explicitly gave the translated words in order, but, obviously, it should be:

Navigatie

Home
Info
Gemeenschap
Ontwikkeling
Jobs

And, as also said in pm more than a week ago (the first time even months ago), there is a small (Dutch) flag missing there, the only one of all the translations (all the rest have one). I even gave the link to the post of another poster who had found a suitable Dutch lil flag icon. To no avail, it seems now.

I know: those are not major issues. I'm just wondering why...you know...it wasn't done right in the first place, even when I explicitly laid out things. Now I foresee at least another year in me subtly and less subtly asking to rectify it. I'm almost sighing already. :|