Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

registereduser

Freeze at hivesft.inf

Post by registereduser »

In VirtualBox I select "Other Windows" and installed using 512mb ram
20gb hard drive (dynamic)

at importing hivesft.inf...

it's been sitting here for 30 minutes now, I will wait longer but I think it froze? is there a "Skip" button or a "Hurry up" button?
milon

Re: Freeze at hivesft.inf

Post by milon »

I'm not at home now, so I can't look at my setup. I suggest checking out http://www.reactos.org/en/download.html to find a VirtualBox copy. True, it's older, but it'll give you a start.

I think I made a VHD from scratch mimicking the parameters of the 0.3.13 VirtualBox release, and that worked fine.

Of course, I may be completely misunderstanding your question - I'm assuming that the inf import phase is a part of the ROS installation, and not something more exotic.
registereduser

Post by registereduser »

I reboot and tried again, it installed the second time but then had a BSOD at the "Reactos" splash
ntoskrnl.exe address 8094A32A base at 80800000, datestamp 4d80fa27
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

registereduser wrote:In VirtualBox I select "Other Windows" and installed using 512mb ram
20gb hard drive (dynamic)

at importing hivesft.inf...

it's been sitting here for 30 minutes now, I will wait longer but I think it froze? is there a "Skip" button or a "Hurry up" button?
Try using "Windows" and not "Other systems.." when creating the virtual machine.
igorko

Post by igorko »

This bug is known(if it's the same as you are getting). It can crash or just hang. http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6183