minimum files needed for react os

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

NEW2ROS

minimum files needed for react os

Post by NEW2ROS » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm

What are the minimum files needed to boot react os with react os explorer
what dll,exe And other files are needed
keeping only mouse,keyboard,monitor drivers,and anything needed to boot react os with react os explorer

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: minimum files needed for react os

Post by EmuandCo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:46 pm

We have only minimal drivers and most dlls are needed, too. YOu could just skip some apps like the solitaire game and rapps etc. YOu wont get ROS much smaller without risking drastical compatibility reduction.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

NEW2ROS

Post by NEW2ROS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:27 am

i understand i would lose a lot of compatibility with other apps
im just interested

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 am

freeldr.ini, any sys file to be sure it runs on some pcs at least. Same goes for any inf files and most ttf (DejaVu most likely not), ntoskrnl, the right nls file for the needed languages, bootvid.dll, advapi32.dll, comctl32.dll, comdlg32.dll, crt.dll, csrsrv.dll, devenum.dll, devmgr.dll, explorer.exe, fontext.dll, framebuf.dll, gdi32.dll, kbd*.dll (Keyboard Layouts), kernel32.dll, lsasrv.dll, msvcrt.dll, ole*.dll, newdev.dll, ntdll.dll, rpcrt4.dll, rundll32.exe, services.exe, shdocvw.dll, shell32.dll, svchost.exe, ufat.dll, user32.dll

I just ran through the files VERY quickly and put in here what I realized to be needed, I did not check deeper, nor will I guarantee that its correct, neither taht all files here are neded. Well, now you see that its almost useless to reduce the size even more.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.