ReactOS is failing to boot..... any suggestions?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

ReactOS is failing to boot..... any suggestions?

Post by 00010 »

Hello I am 00010. you may know me from infinitemac.com, but all that aside I just wanted to know if anyone could suggest how I should go about solving the problem I am experiencing.

ReactOS will not boot past the "Loading setup Files Screen" and stops at the ex2.sys file and the screen goes blank, Also tried on my AMD desktop and same thing.
I burned the ISO image to a mini CD-R.

Th machine are as follows: Toshiba L305 2.20Ghz Intel Celeron Processor, Intel GMAx4500 Grahics card, 160GB SATA-2 Drive.

I was thinking it might be my install media, (Mini-CD-R ? )

Also as a side note I am also having trouble getting ReactOS installed on my XBOX, I have the modified Cromwell Bios that supports the ReactOS but it says it cannot find the freldr.inin or it is corrupt, but the image I used installed successfully in VirtualBox, wich is also the same image I used on my computers.

Haos
Test Team

Re: ReactOS is failing to boot..... any suggestions?

Post by Haos »

Hiya

XBOX port is bit-rot as no one really kept it up with trunk for long time. As for your problem, it seems that your PC doesn't have a serial port we would need for debugging. Other option is to rebuild ROS, with /DEBUGPORT=SCREEN (boot/bootdata/txtsetup.sif in [SetupData] section instead of /DEBUGPORT=COM1

This way we might be able to see the crash.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Or you modify freeledr.ini on the HDD with the help of a 2nd pc, that way theres no need for a rebuild.

For the XBox Port: Where did u save the ROS Files?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Dreimer, there is if it doesnt even install...

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Oh right... sorry
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Post by 00010 »

Ok, so is there a strait forward suggestion I can try?

Also if anyone could point me to the last version of ReactOS that booted at all on the xbox, that would be great.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

you cant install it. You have to use a "make install" package on E: on the xbox with replaced HAL, bootvid and VBEMP