Internet Explorer

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

sixel

Internet Explorer

Post by sixel »

Hi,
There is a IE 6.0 for the ReactOS anyone tested?
The reason that i don't use Linux is becouse the intranet of my work only runs on IE 6.0 so if there is a alternative i will be glad to use!
Tks!
MadWolf

Re: Internet Explorer

Post by MadWolf »

hi
Internet Explorer does not run on reactos but if you can use linux have a look at http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
samuel1991

Post by samuel1991 »

Is the Internet Explorer 6 does not run on ReactOS because of alpha stage / not implemented or it will never be implemented??
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

IE6 is implemented by Microsoft.
We dont need to implement it, just make it running on Ros :)
You can try to install on Ros and see what happens :)
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
Is the Internet Explorer 6 does not run on ReactOS because of alpha stage
yes
not implemented or it will never be implemented??
i am not sure what you mean but have a look at Newsletter 67 Shell the libraries Internet Explorer 6 needs are incomplete or missing
J-Staff

Post by J-Staff »

I'm not positive why anyone would want to run Internet Exploder on Ros, however IE6.x was reported to be working on the Ros 2.x series. I have not heard of anyone testing any version IE with Ros3.11, so it may still work, or it may not. Go ahead and try installing it on Ros and let us know what happens.

I would also recommend you do not run Ros on company machines until it reaches the beta stage at the earliest. Even then I would only do so if testing new software products for company use is part of your job description. Do not put your job at risk of termination for Ros.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

Legally, the EULA for Internet Explorer says you can't install it on non-Windows machines. I don't know how compatibility is with IE, but due to illegal nature of running IE on ReactOS, whether Firefox or Opera is currently running is probably more important than if IE is. In short, IE is a Windows application, so it should eventually run in ReactOS, but the EULA forbids it.
J-Staff

Post by J-Staff »

Every single one of my macs cam with a version of IE installed on it. None of them ran or can run windows.
RaptorEmperor

Post by RaptorEmperor »

J-Staff wrote:Every single one of my macs cam with a version of IE installed on it. None of them ran or can run windows.
Microsoft produced a version of IE for Mac until 2003. It's no longer supported, and current versions are Windows-only.
wojo664

Post by wojo664 »

have not heard of anyone testing any version IE with Ros3.11,
I've made couple of tests with it, but now it regresses. (not exactly with 3.11 but later)

When it was "working", The istaller launched, and began to copy the files.
but it stuck at approximately 75 % of the install. No error shown on screen, it just stopped the progress bar and did not continue. Altrough the system did not crash.
Strangely, the Internet Options Icon was added to the control panel, and it worked good. I was able to enter into options and browse thru tabs, and change options. Even Outlook partially worked. Sadly main IE executable did not work

http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5504

But I think there is yet another regression present...
ko rikisulda

Post by ko rikisulda »

I'm not quite sure why anyone would want Internet Explorer, I thought the point of reactOS was doing away with microsoft evil.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, youre wrong then. Most devs here like MS WIndows. Thats why we make a free Version of it...
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...