Bank Screen During Install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

FingerprintDiVA

Bank Screen During Install

Post by FingerprintDiVA »

OK, I read a few posts and the solution to them can't work with my version. I have 0.3.10-REL and I read that this version does support SATA drives and I have one. I also have an nVidia GeForce 8800GT graphics card as my only video card. The monitor would have said that the refresh rate was out of range if that was the issue, but I don't think it is since I never got a message like that. I'm honestly not sure what's going on, but I boot from the CD, it goes on to load the files in the blue screen and when it reaches the "ext2" file then it goes blank. It may be that file or whatever loads after it or something, but I tried it twice and it failed both times the same way.
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Re: Bank Screen During Install

Post by Lone_Rifle »

What's the chipset on your motherboard? the UniATA driver (or at least our build of it) may not support all SATA chipsets without problems
FingerprintDiVA

My processor is an AMD Phenom II 955 X4 Black Edition Quad Core Processor. I don't expect all of the features to be supported for that monster, but I hope that it would at least be able to use it through the Athlon 64 technology. I know that on your site you said that it can handle Athlon 64 procs on a 32 bit level.

Also, here's a link to the proc that I bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
FingerprintDiVA

Sorry for the double post, but I don't see a way to edit the previous post.

I'm developing my own operating system, but I wanted ReactOS to give me a good starting point. This being said, if my processor isn't supported, what files would I edit to enable my own support for it? I'll be porting it to Visual C++ later on, so it'll be easier to manage. Also, I'll be using ReactOS as the temporary system to ensure that the host has everything I need to work with. So, will MS Visual Studio 2008 run on ReactOS? I'll check it out anyway if you don't know.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Look at the Search at the left, and write this words: edit vicmarcal
Profit! :) Answer for your Edit bug.
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

FingerprintDiVA wrote:My processor is an AMD Phenom II 955 X4
The chipset, not your CPU. I'm asking about your motherboard chipset.
doomonyou

Post by doomonyou »

It may be your graphics card. With the default drivers some Nvidia cards won't work at any other resolution than 640 by 480. I was only able to make it through the text part of the installation with a Geforce 5200 and it doesn't work at all for me with 8400.
FingerprintDiVA

Sorry for the delay, I was doing my fitting for this weekends runway shows at the IX Center. I should have read them instead of skimming. Sorry about that. OK, I looked up with my Gigabyte board is using and it says it's using an AMD 770 + SB710 Chipset. Here's my board in case you need any other info.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mot ... A770T-UD3P

Also, in response to the Graphics Card thing, since ReactOS works with windows drivers as the site says, could I download a windows driver for XP and expect it to load at start up or does it require a different type of driver when installing? Also, how would you add the driver in the mix in order to make the system find it yet. I'm not at the coding phase yet, so if I'm asking dumb questions about ReactOS, then I'm sorry.
Radhad

Post by Radhad »

It says on the website, ReactOS will be compatible to Windows drivers, but indeed, it isn't so far.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

People reported issues with SB7X0 chipset.

About graphics cards: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Supported_H ... ideo_cards