ROS 0.3.10 Network, & USB Keyboard and Mouse

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jefflhlee

ROS 0.3.10 Network, & USB Keyboard and Mouse

Post by jefflhlee »

I was so happy to learn that ROS0.3.10 was finally released. I downloaded ROS0.3.10 with great hope that the Network, USB keyboard, and USB mouse will be working (As describe in the newsletter). However, when I install it on my system, it does not seem to work. Kindly advice if there are any setting I need to change or any special driver I need to install to make them work.

My network card is:
Intel Pro/100 VE Connection. Kindly adivce how to set up DHCP, or fix IP, set up DNS sever..... ect. I need to connect to the internet to download all other application like firefox and openoffice....

When I hot plug my USB keyboard and USB mouse, nothing happens. I tried pluggin in both USB keyboard and USB Mouse, then power on the motherbaord, again, they are not working. Do I have to install any driver?

The chipset on the motherboard is Intel 855GME, with ICH4.

Looking forward to any reply. Many thanks.

Jeff

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: ROS 0.3.10 Network, & USB Keyboard and Mouse

Post by EmuandCo »

Yes, for LAN u need the 2000 or XP Drivers for your Card. And additionally look here, if it was already tested and add it it you did so.
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/S ... work_cards

I did not try USB yet, so lets wait for others answers
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Did you have the USB devices plugged in during installation and first boot? They worked flawlessly then.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Support for USB mice and keyboards is very limited. I never seen or heard any of such usb device really working on hardware with ROS.

jefflhlee

Post by jefflhlee »

I have plugged in the USB mouse and Keyboard during installation, still, the USB mouse and keyboard is not working. I think this is because my BIOS do not have "Legacy Device emlation". I have to revert back to PS2 mouse and keyboard.... So sad.

As for the Intel PRO/100 network card, according to the "Supported Hardware" list, it is suppose to be working. However, I only manage to successfully install the Win2K driver, but, I failed to connect to my network. I am unable to locate the place to configure my IP or DNS server. When I type "ipconfig" in comman prompt, I have no IP...... Please help advice how to configure the IP....

Just a note for your info, Intel Extreme Graphics Native driver (Win2K) was successfully installed but is not working.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

As for networking, you could try setting static IP. Unfortunately i dont have this particular network adapter, thus i cannot check it out.
In general, real hardware testing needs debug output, for that you need another PC and a null modem cable to connect both. This way you can receive debug information to actually see what is going on with your hardware.

aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

I got the PRO 100 working on real hardware but I needed to do some INF modifications to force it to install the 2K driver. I'll try to find the modified driver on my system and upload it.
ReactOS Networking Developer
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

jefflhlee

Post by jefflhlee »

Hi aicommander,
I edited the INF file by deleting all sections referring to WinXP, then using this modified INF file to install my Intel LAN card. Now my network is working fine.

Thank you so much for your input. Cheers.

Yau2328

Post by Yau2328 »

How about PS2 to Usb adapter??