USB Boot

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

danielbarry

Re: USB Boot

Post by danielbarry »

Hi,

You lot need to stop argueing, this is not what this forum is for. If you want to have an arguement, it is appreciated if you take it else where.

On the front of USB boot, React OS can be adapted for USB boot.

This requires that you have a usb boot compatible mother board.

All you have to do is install it on your memory stick, or any other USB device with memory, and then make sure the boot mbr is in the right memory address for usb boot.

Then, all you have to do is tell your mother board to look for the usb stick at start up.

I havn't tested this, but worst comes to worse, all you will have to do is change some of the code from the hdd, to the usb code. Then, when the programming refers to the hard drive, it will go back to your memory stick.

What is your great idea for the React OS?

Dan
ryanbettis

Post by ryanbettis »

hi

not all o.s. can change the mbr...and also you msy have to change other BOOT CODES...NOT JUST THE MBR!!

i also find usb boot very usefull...and would love to see react os boot from usb...if any one manages this...thn let me know :)

gd luck

ryan
danielbarry

Post by danielbarry »

Agreed, but as this project is open source, you have accsess to any information you want anyway.

I think not so long ago, I actually saw somebody create a USB boot on React OS, which seemed to work fine. I'll dig around, and try to find it.

Dan
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Ahem. Follow rule #1. All of you.