ReactOS Downloader

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Amani Salah

ReactOS Downloader

Post by Amani Salah »

I have a problem downloading programs in ReactOS
when I press Download button it opens a new shell showing no progress in downloading then the shell is closed by itself !

I don't know if there is a problem with connection coz I can't know if I'm connected or not

I had a problem with my wireless card & linux before so I thought it maybe the same prob
I used an Ethernet but the same problem happened..

any help ?

coldReactive

Re: ReactOS Downloader

Post by coldReactive »

What is your Ethernet Card?

Wireless is stubbed, so it won't work with wireless at the moment.

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Which version of ReactOS did you use? 0.3.x or a trunk build?

Trunk builds are much more up to date than 0.3.x releases so you might want to try using the latest trunk boot CD.

See also: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/S ... work_cards

Amani Salah

Post by Amani Salah »

My Network card is :
Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
it says that this card fails , does this mean that there is no solution for it or what ??
well , I downloaded ReactOS 0.3.9-REL ..
but I didn't understand what is the difference between them 0.3.x & trunk build ??

RideBMX

Post by RideBMX »

Amani Salah wrote:it says that this card fails , does this mean that there is no solution for it or what ??
Not enough is implemented yet for a lot of things to work properly.
Amani Salah wrote:but I didn't understand what is the difference between them 0.3.x & trunk build ??
There is potentially dozens of changes to a component between the release build and trunk build which can make it more usable. It is better to test with a trunk build because of this.

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

Amani Salah wrote:My Network card is :
it says that this card fails , does this mean that there is no solution for it or what ??
If it doesn't work right now, then you'll just have to wait until the various bugs are fixed. Of course, you might be able to help the developers fix the bugs sooner by providing debug information. Perhaps a developer will respond and tell you more.
Amani Salah wrote:
well , I downloaded ReactOS 0.3.9-REL ..
but I didn't understand what is the difference between them 0.3.x & trunk build ??
0.3.x releases are milestones, released every few months. They're forked from the main codebase when enough important changes have been made to ReactOS.

Trunk builds are created as soon as any changes are made to the main code tree. They're the most up-to-date builds available and are generally much more interesting than 0.3.x releases, with many more features and bugfixes. If your network card suddenly starts working, you'll see it happen with these builds first.

The only downside is that a developer might make a change to the code that causes ReactOS to stop working, rendering trunk builds temporarily unusable. Even so, earlier trunk builds can still be downloaded until the guilty commit is fixed.

You can keep track of the various changes to the ReactOS trunk here: http://cia.vc/stats/project/ReactOS

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Its not going to work. RTL 81xx series is being held by a blocker bug.

aicommander
Developer

Post by aicommander »

Amani Salah wrote:My Network card is :
NDIS 6.0 (Vista) drivers are not supported by our NDIS. We support most NDIS 5.x drivers (2K/XP) with NDIS 5.0 (2K) drivers having the most success.
ReactOS Networking Developer
[ external image ]
[ external image ]