Helping Out

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

danielbarry

Helping Out

Post by danielbarry »

I am still reasonably new here, and I have been woundering what needs to be done to help create React OS?

Are there any applications, like a defraging tool, or something, that needs to be made.

Not only this, what is uded to compile the source code? Do you use Windows, Linux, ect?

Any help is appreciated.

Dan
ryanbettis

Re: Helping Out

Post by ryanbettis »

get a life hippy!!!:L

lol no your problem lies with ur cpu
danielbarry

Post by danielbarry »

Ryan,

I appreciate the help, but if you don't have anything else smart to say, please don't say anything at all.

If your not interested in helping create React OS, then please leave this site.

Everybody here is in the interest of creating the React OS system, however they can.

You havn't even introduced yourself, this is your first post!

Consider introducing yourself, and your situation first....

Dan
ryanbettis

Post by ryanbettis »

fair enough...

hi...im ryan!!:)

no back to thenitty gritty stuff!!!

react os need more of a gui!!

there soome constructive critisisume!!!
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

danielbarry wrote:Not only this, what is uded to compile the source code? Do you use Windows, Linux, ect?
You need to use the ReactOS Build Environment to build ReactOS. It is available for both Windows NT and UNIX-like OSes. Read more here: http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Build_Environment

If you're keen on getting involved with ReactOS development, go and visit the developer IRC channels: http://www.reactos.org/en/community_irc.html
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

As GoBusto said: Read our Wonderful WIKI.

And come to the IRC :).. there we will fright you enough so you can run away. (j/k...or not?) :)
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Ryanbettis is an unknown person to this project and should not be treated seriously. You should join our irc channel so we can assist you.
danielbarry

Post by danielbarry »

Thanks.

I seem to be having trouble with connecting to the IRC channel, and it just comes up with the dreaded message "Page cannot be displayed".

Is there a program used to connect to the IRC program, as it fails connecting to the channel.

Dan
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Hi Dan..
1)Using Chatzilla Add-on
For the first contact I think you can use the Chatzilla Plugin for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefo ... latest.xpi
After installing it you can go to the Links and click again.

2)Using mibbit
Also you can use mibbit: http://www.mibbit.com
Then select the Freenode Server and write a nickname and the channel you want to join.
This is real useful when you are working or in the university since it uses Port80, so they cant ban it.

3) Using a regular app as Mirc,Pidgin,Chatzilla.
Download its manual and have fun.

:)
danielbarry

Post by danielbarry »

Thanks,

I will have to install firefox though. The browser I user is 'Microsoft Internet Browser'.

Which reminds me, does anyone know what the plan of action is on a React OS web Browser?

Dan
GoBusto

Post by GoBusto »

danielbarry wrote:Thanks,

I will have to install firefox though. The browser I user is 'Microsoft Internet Browser'.

Which reminds me, does anyone know what the plan of action is on a React OS web Browser?

Dan
"There won't be one" - Instead, users can download whichever browser they prefer using the Download! tool. The reasons for this are:

+ There are so many different third-party browsers that any one choice will annoy someone. Why bundle Firefox and not K-Meleon, why bundle OffByOne and not Opera, why bundle Safari and not Lynx, etc.
+ Adding cross-platform browsers would add extra dependancies (For example, Qt, GTK or whatever).
+ It would require extra development effort to create/maintain a for-ReactOS browser.
+ It would increase build times and increase ISO sizes and thus take longer for users to download builds.

Trolling Tip: Posting "hey guis i think reactos should bundle firefox" anywhere on the ReactOS forum is one of the easiest ways to start a mass debate hundreds of pages long. The idea has been suggested so many times before that it's becoming silly.
ryanbettis

Post by ryanbettis »

i thought the idea of react os was a small simple o.s that could run on almost any pc...therefore i dont see the poin in creating massively complex defragging tools!!!

lol
danielbarry

Post by danielbarry »

Your obviously an idiot. Do you know what React OS is actually aiming for?

A compatible, light weight, easy to use operating system which is open source, free, and works in perfect syncrynisation with windows.

If you are going to post, please at least check your facts before posting, as it does save a lot of time. Check the wiki or something, and maybe you might learn something.

Dan
ryanbettis

Post by ryanbettis »

o meow
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

danielbarry wrote:Your obviously an idiot.
Restrain your ReactOS passion to avoid a warning ;), please.Thanks