irratic mouse behavior and no driver support

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

k_chupe

irratic mouse behavior and no driver support

Post by k_chupe »

I have an HP Pavilion a522n in which react will not run any of the drivers nor seems to have any suitable for this pc. Once react installs I can't go online(due to driver problems) and the mouse pointer jumps to the bottom of the screen when I go to menu and then to control panel or programs. I have to keep trying to hover pointer over the item that I want to go to, but seems that the pointer wants to do something different. It would be great if some one had some insight that might resolve this issue. I posted once before on a problem I had. I got a couple of responses, but the post seemed to fizzle out with no further correspondence on the problem. I hope some body can help with what seems to be a promising system. Thanks -Kevin

GoBusto

Re: irratic mouse behavior and no driver support

Post by GoBusto »

Which version of ReactOS did you use? A 0.3.x release or a trunk build? Also, were you using a LiveCD or a BootCD?

Could you provide some more information about your mouse and network card? Network card support is now improving rapidly, so perhaps it'll work in newer builds. If not, we do like bug reports.

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I also experienced an unpleasant mouse pointer bug on real hardware, but it happens only when ReactOS does intensive IO (e.g., when installing software from CD). It disappears when using UniATA disk driver.

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

All hardware is stock

bugboy
Developer

Post by bugboy »

k_chupe,
Again, as already requested,
Which version of ReactOS are you using?

bugboy

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

I'm not sure. on the iso disc it says .3.x .As far as boot or live, I tried both and had the same problems. I couldn't get online because the network drivers were unsupported as well as a number of other drivers. I've uninstalled it for now, until it more compatible. I haven't lost hope yet. thanks

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

New version 0.3.10 is available. Supported network cards.

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

I'm downloading now and will post my test results. thanks

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

unsuccessful install. message reads:
GRUB loading stage1.5.
GRUB loading please wait...
Error 17

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

If you don't want to have some other OS on the same disk with ReactOS, then read this tutorial.

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

checking right now and will follow along, then I'll post back my results.

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

no luck with the super grub. I have a seagate 200 gig hd and used seagate utility tool to erase and reformat to fat32. I have one partition at 186gig and the rest unformatted. I reinstalled react and installed bot loader to (MBR) and then restarted. menu came up with various options such reactos, reactos(Debug) and so on. I select the first(reactos) and hit enter. Boot sreen pops up with the react os logog/design displayed, then I get the hideous blue screenn of death saying: a problem has been detected and reactos has been shut down unexpectedly to prevent any damage to your computer.
Any idea???

Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

If menu with various ReactOS running options showed up, it means Super Grub was successful. BSOD means that ReactOS is already "bootable" (not completely obviously).

k_chupe

Post by k_chupe »

what makes the bsod keep showing up before it bott up to the desktop??