ReactOS fails to boot with PNP error message on Aspire 3680

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gullible Jones

ReactOS fails to boot with PNP error message on Aspire 3680

Post by Gullible Jones »

Hello... I recently decided to try out ReactOS, and got a rather unpleasant surprise when booting the live CD on my Acer Aspire 3680. When the "Detecting Hardware" or somesuch window popped up, I got (within about one second) a popup window saying

Code: Select all

EnableUsePNPModeKey() failed
Rebooting now!
I tried to click "OK", but the mouse was frozen and the keyboard was not working; I had to hit the power button. (Which, as it happened, instantly powered the machine off - either ACPI wasn't working out of the box, or the kernel had crashed, I guess.)

Beyond that I don't really know what happened... Can anyone give me a tip on how to get around this? Is there something equivalent to Windows "Safe Mode" or Linux/BSD boot options?
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Re: ReactOS fails to boot with PNP error message on Aspire 3680

Post by gabrielilardi »

Hi,
It could be somehow related to this bug.
We'd need a debug log when that happens, if you manage to get it, add it please to the previous bug.

See:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/File_Bugs
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Debugging
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Maybe your Mouse and Keyboard are USB ?
We dont support USB :)
coldReactive

Post by coldReactive »

vicmarcal wrote:Maybe your Mouse and Keyboard are USB ?
We dont support USB :)
It's a laptop, unless the user wanted a separate mouse and keyboard....

Even my year 2000 laptop could boot ReactOS with almost no problem (just the graphics were glitchy, and it couldn't detect the HDD because it was SATA). Mouse/Keyboard worked (mouse didn't work at FIRST, but then a fix was released that allowed my mouse to move), but I no longer have this laptop. That was real hardware, not VM. It had ACPI as well, so I don't think ACPI was the problem.
RODX

Post by RODX »

might be somthing related to the it's builtin Wifi on a laptop I used to test ROS (last years version) it would throw an error until I shut off the internal Wifi then it would work fine for About 5 Mins until it threw another error related to me trying to drag and drop somthing in the ROS Explorer.

Just a thought might not even be the problem, have to try this version out somtime and see.

RODX