ReactOS will not install

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

crazymonkeyman32

ReactOS will not install

Post by crazymonkeyman32 »

I am running ubuntu linux and i wanted to install reactOS to give it a try (replace ubuntu with reactos) i ran the live cd and that worked, so i decided to install but when it finished loading all the programs for the install it said it could not find a harddisk. so i tried to format to fat 32 using a windows disk as i saw on a thread in this forum but it got the same error. i have installed many different linux distros with no problem but for some reason windows wont work. i have a DELL Inspiron - 1525 that came preinstalled with ubuntu so that might be a problem though i cant imagine that having anything to do with it not installing.
hto
Developer

Re: ReactOS will not install

Post by hto »

ReactOS is not yet good for everyday use. It is nowhere near as mature as Ubuntu right now.

Dell Inspiron 1525 have a serial ATA hard disk, which ReactOS does not support yet.

You can install ReactOS in a virtual machine like QEMU, VMware, VirtualBox.
GoBusto

Re: ReactOS will not install

Post by GoBusto »

hto wrote:ReactOS is not yet good for everyday use. It is nowhere near as mature as Ubuntu right now.

Dell Inspiron 1525 have a serial ATA hard disk, which ReactOS does not support yet.

You can install ReactOS in a virtual machine like QEMU, VMware, VirtualBox.
Also, GRUB might not be overwritten properly when ReactOS is installed, meaning that ReactOS will not boot.

Really don't install ReactOS on a PC that you actually use until it is at least in beta.